Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like this will be signed off today according to the Telegraph with them having £200m to spend this window. I always thought they’d be bankrolled this summer but I doubt it will last beyond that.

A good read this on where the new owners think they can make money. Pressure from US owners to take TV in house is a massive concern. If we sleepwalk into that it will be the end of the PL as we know it. It’s success has come from the fair share on TV money. If that stops and Liverpool, for example, can make billions from sell their rights compared to say Palace, who can sell theirs for tens of millions, then the league is utterly fucked. I fear that’s where they want to take us.

"Each Member Club is entitled to one vote and all rule changes and major commercial contracts require the support of at least a two-thirds vote, or 14 clubs, to be agreed."

Any change in PL TV money i.e not fair share would have to be approved by 14 clubs you only need 7 to disagree so would be difficult to pass . Liverpool under US ownership wanted this back in 2011 doubt Chelsea will get the other clubs to agree , the big ones will but can't see the smaller ones supporting it.

I don't know the details but didn't Harding do a lot to turn their fortunes around, or did that fall apart after his tragic death?
Harding loaned them a shit load of money enabling them to get some good players and win a couple of cups.

When Harding died his widow demanded that money back, which led to them nearly going bankrupt before RA took over.

Cunts survive. That’s sad.

Positives - not many, but perhaps we will benefit from actually being able to trade with them ? It was a complete no go in the Roman era, when they were hording the best of the continental youth and torpedoing us on key deals, I like to think that Levy refused to deal with them, rather than the other way around.

Cunts survive. That’s sad.

Positives - not many, but perhaps we will benefit from actually being able to trade with them ? It was a complete no go in the Roman era, when they were hording the best of the continental youth and torpedoing us on key deals, I like to think that Levy refused to deal with them, rather than the other way around.
The're mortal now and if it breathes.....it can be killed.:contepoint:

regardless of the sale and who the new owners are, you can't just sweep 1.5bn loan under the carpet. If you can then it makes a mockery of the whole thing. At what point do UEFA, or FIFA step in? If they don't then we should fuck FFP and just go crazy. Who has spending rules (Prem, UEFA, FIFA) and who enforces them?

The're mortal now and if it breathes.....it can be killed.:contepoint:
Totally agree. They will slowly drop over the next few seasons.
Why;
Ground revenue is shit and it will take forever to build and where do you build on some of the most expensive real estate in the world.
money from success will drop significantly. £100Ms for CL and PL will drop significantly in the next few years.
Transfer mistakes. The likes of Werner, Lukaku, Kepa, Drinkwater (about £250M)) will fucking hurt them like Nomb has hurt us and Pepe hurt the Scum.
also won’t be able to stock the bets young uns in Europe and make £100m pa profit.

I Am fucking loving it.

A good read this on where the new owners think they can make money. Pressure from US owners to take TV in house is a massive concern. If we sleepwalk into that it will be the end of the PL as we know it. It’s success has come from the fair share on TV money. If that stops and Liverpool, for example, can make billions from sell their rights compared to say Palace, who can sell theirs for tens of millions, then the league is utterly fucked. I fear that’s where they want to take us.

'Glossy spectacle and ruthless profit'

download-2.jpg

Why;
Ground revenue is shit and it will take forever to build and where do you build on some of the most expensive real estate in the world.
money from success will drop significantly. £100Ms for CL and PL will drop significantly in the next few years.
Transfer mistakes. The likes of Werner, Lukaku, Kepa, Drinkwater (about £250M)) will fucking hurt them like Nomb has hurt us and Pepe hurt the Scum.
also won’t be able to stock the bets young uns in Europe and make £100m pa profit.

I Am fucking loving it.
Their wage bill is over x3 ours, completely unsustainable

I pray Roman reneges on this and plays games at the last minute

Why;

I Am fucking loving it.

Anyone is better than Abramovich. There were losing £30m a month, which he was having to underwrite. Surely the new owners won't want to be covering that and will cut losses or look to increase revenue another way (sounds like via ticket prices)?

They are always going to spend initially to look good but it not being abramovich is great news. If we are unlucky and they continue to be run like that then it will be really annoying but I really cant see it.

Anyone is better than Abramovich. There were losing £30m a month, which he was having to underwrite. Surely the new owners won't want to be covering that and will cut losses or look to increase revenue another way (sounds like via ticket prices)?

They are always going to spend initially to look good but it not being abramovich is great news. If we are unlucky and they continue to be run like that then it will be really annoying but I really cant see it.
Of course they won’t. They may spend 150M but that wage bill is crippling and needs to be right sized and as they do pay accordingly, they become less of an attraction

It's just bullshit that they have been able to build their name/brand, on field success and therefore value based on corrupt money. Stick 2 fingers up to FFP and still come out of it with a £200,000,000 transfer budget with no punishment. Without the bent investment they would still be struggling to make top half of the league.

if Lukaku is on 300K pw how do you shift him
If Kapa on 150K pw same
If Werner on 250K pw same,
Plus more. Only European giants can afford or EPL and I don't see them getting bought anytime soon so a real fucking drain on resources. N'Dom + GLC is nothing in comparison. And we can make the comparison now because some rich Russian fuck isn't doing a vanity project costing 2M per week.

Were jumping up and down cos ENIC putting up 150m. That Russian cunt was pumping that in some years when they had fucking won the EPL or the CL. 1.6B beggars belief.

They are soooooooooo royally fucked, mid and long term.

I so hope that the last trophy they won was their last for decades.

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

The prevailing view seems to be that Chelsea will be run along the lines of the Dodgers, who over the past decade have been transformed from wasteful underachievers into one of the sport’s pre-eminent forces and – by some distance – its biggest spenders.

Surely the key point here is that Chelsea are massively overspending overachievers

There is no way they can feasibly be more successful on the pitch - they have very little scope to increase revenues - and its impossible for them to continue losing the same amount of money year on year

None of it makes sense

Chelski rejects/flops:

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Gaël Kakuta
Nathan Ake
Ray Bertrand
Bright Arrey-Mbi
Marc Guehi
Fikayo Tomori
Tariq Lamptey
Tino Livramento
Juan Cuadrado