Come here to laugh at England

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Am I allowed to laugh at all these non spurs players and a manager with zero ideas how to create an attacking team?

Or is this off with his head territory for me??

Shambles.

However my initial reaction on seeing the score line was to laugh and say what the actual fuck are they doing.

Its a free world but I’d prefer just an England football thread. You’ll have people crying about Brexit and the Empire within a couple of pages. On the other hand, SausageVince SausageVince may just explode from all the material, so there is that

Don't see why you can't laugh. It's not some weird idea about unpatriotic to laugh at a skip fire. I'd be careful though...Italy got beat by 5 France not won a game Belgium beat badly too with KDB actually saying he hates this Nations Confrence inter toto fairs league. The top teams with champions league players are struggling to give a damn .....

Don't see why you can't laugh. It's not some weird idea about unpatriotic to laugh at a skip fire. I'd be careful though...Italy got beat by 5 France not won a game Belgium beat badly too with KDB actually saying he hates this Nations Confrence inter toto fairs league. The top teams with champions league players are struggling to give a damn .....

Yeah I think that’s a big thing.

Problem is fans are paying decent money to watch them not give a shit.

Southgate today.

“Hungary are an outstanding team. So you need to have all your big players as we did last September [for the 4-0 win in Budapest] and everything right to be able to win those sorts of games. That’s where we’ve fallen short.”

Checks world rankings.

Hungary are ranked 40th. Below Tunisia. And Scotland.
Slightly above Algeria.

“Outstanding”

This man is on the slippery slope to crazy. Media is going to tear him apart at some point.

Southgate today.

“Hungary are an outstanding team. So you need to have all your big players as we did last September [for the 4-0 win in Budapest] and everything right to be able to win those sorts of games. That’s where we’ve fallen short.”

Checks world rankings.

Slightly above Algeria.

“Outstanding”

This man is on the slippery slope to crazy. Media is going to tear him apart at some point.

So Chillwell unavailable and we become underdogs???

(*Even though he's often been omitted in favour of Shaw & Trippier)

.....Who else?

Fuck off...... His pressers are becoming increasingly insulting to the intelligence.

.....Much like his 'we must be an attacking side as we rack up 40-odd goals per year against Andora & San Marino' spin.

Last edited:
Southgate today.

Checks world rankings.

Slightly above Algeria.

“Outstanding”

I thought Kane did a good interview trying to calm things down .. essentially saying it’s only the nations league and our progress has still been brilliant in recent years so chill the fuck out.

Stuff like this just gives ammunition though, not sure why Southgate can’t just say I experimented but we should still win this game. Nobody buys the missing players sob story when it’s Hungary.

I thought Kane did a good interview trying to calm things down .. essentially saying it’s only the nations league and our progress has still been brilliant in recent years so chill the fuck out.

Stuff like this just gives ammunition though, not sure why Southgate can’t just say I experimented but we should still win this game. Nobody buys the missing players sob story when it’s Hungary.

......Because of the low-key arrogance I spoke of before. He thinks we're not smart enough to see through his scripted, media trained guff.

......Because of the low-key arrogance I spoke of before. He thinks we're not smart enough to see through his scripted, media trained guff.

I really don't think it's that. I think he's just really careful & protective of some of the younger players so goes too far in the other direction of trying to apply zero pressure on the team. I don't get an arrogant vibe from Southgate, if anything I still don't feel he's fully secure/confident in his job even now.

I really don't think it's that. I think he's just really careful & protective of some of the younger players so goes too far in the other direction of trying to apply zero pressure on the team. I don't get an arrogant vibe from Southgate, if anything I still don't feel he's fully secure/confident in his job even now.

Oh he's unsure of his abilities alright (he'll know he's frozen in certain situations).... It's a really awkward blend of both.

As for protecting young players; he's doing the exact opposite.... He's just basically said these guys lacked the talent to go toe to toe with an "outstanding team" that sat 40th in the world rankings.

.......Why not shoulder some of the blame himself rather than leaving it all in the players realm? (Afterall, look at all the excuses being made for him.... He clearly he has credit in the bank amongst those with the loudest platforms.)

Anyway, as I've said before; the individual results are not my bug-bear, but I'm still fascinated who these monumental absences are that he's referring to(*)?

(*In this instance, the arrogance lies in not being "careful" enough to come up with a better blag.)

Which club will be muggy enough to hire a post-England Southgate?

I'm betting it will be a continental one.
Everton

1 disaster show for an England keeper can Ian Walker their international career.
Ramsdale for me shouldn't be called up again.

England Women's manager:

"We welcome high expectations in this tournament, because we have a very talented squad."

Gary's white-knight defense alliance:

"Wah... Remember how shit it used to be...... You've no right to revise your expectations"

pleb pleb

Australia Flag GIF by Maytronics

Back
Top Bottom