Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is only a matter of time before they start calling everyone racist.

Interestingly, I was just in Newcastle. I had been twice before on a night out and when passing through; but this time I got to see the city in the day time.

Some thoughts on the place: It is tiny but I think everything is small coming from London. The bridge cutting through the city is a sight to behold. The thousands of seagulls that have made it their home is amazing, if not a little dystopian. If any of you have played Bloodbourne, it sort of reminds me of that. They are much more nervous about the virus as well. Everything is about a month behind us. Very few restaurants are open although I had an incredible indian meal at a place called Simla. There are certainly parts of Newcastle that pretty; the quayside and the areas around monument for example, but most of it is a bit of a wasteland. Again, though the geordies seemed on edge, and when they heard my accent, I could sense the fear and resentment. So, it was a strange trip but I like the place.
My Grandad went up there on a trip and refused to get off the bus because he didn’t like the look of the locals.

you'd feel a bit for Newcastle fan, must feel like they'll never get rid of Ashley .

Bruce on the other hand must be delighted, his job is safe!

you'd feel a bit for Newcastle fan, must feel like they'll never get rid of Ashley .

Bruce on the other hand must be delighted, his job is safe!

No sympathy for Newcastle fans here.... Fickle whingers with delusions of grandeur.

It is only a matter of time before they start calling everyone racist.

Interestingly, I was just in Newcastle. I had been twice before on a night out and when passing through; but this time I got to see the city in the day time.

Some thoughts on the place: It is tiny but I think everything is small coming from London. The bridge cutting through the city is a sight to behold. The thousands of seagulls that have made it their home is amazing, if not a little dystopian. If any of you have played Bloodbourne, it sort of reminds me of that. They are much more nervous about the virus as well. Everything is about a month behind us. Very few restaurants are open although I had an incredible indian meal at a place called Simla. There are certainly parts of Newcastle that are pretty; the quayside and the areas around monument for example, but most of it is a bit of a wasteland. Again though, the geordies seemed on edge, and when they heard my accent, I could sense the fear and resentment. So, it was a strange trip but I like the place.

I live on the Quayside right next to the Tyne bridge. Those "seagulls" (they're actually kittiwakes) are the bane of my life. Squawking, shitting machines that do nothing else.

Your assessment of the city was fair and accurate, though. I do like it a lot up here but it is obviously tiny compared to London. I think that some of the architecture is absolutely stunning and that was the thing that got me up here instead of the other similar-sized cities.

As for the takeover falling through... You've got to laugh, haven't you? It's definitely for the best for Spurs and football in general.

This Fish This Fish What's the story here? The dream is over before it even got going?

Newcastle United's proposed takeover by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium has been delayed because of a lack of clarity over who would be in charge at the club, BBC Sport has learned.

By Alistair Magowan and Dan Roan
  • 1 hour ago
Moot point now, but this was probably linked to the piracy issues that have been a sticking point throughout this saga.

Disappointed it's not gone through, but as ever I'll try and look for the positives.

We're not going to be owned by a horrible regime (my stance on them has never changed), if a party can't pass the risible O&D test then it's probably for the best they don't own a club and most importantly, if nothing else, this saga shows Ashley is a willing seller.

Oh, another positive Airfixx will have to conjure up a brand new insult which may task him to the point of collapse.

Moot point now, but this was probably linked to the piracy issues that have been a sticking point throughout this saga.

Disappointed it's not gone through, but as ever I'll try and look for the positives.

We're not going to be owned by a horrible regime (my stance on them has never changed), if a party can't pass the risible O&D test then it's probably for the best they don't own a club and most importantly, if nothing else, this saga shows Ashley is a willing seller.

Oh, another positive Airfixx will have to conjure up a brand new insult which may task him to the point of collapse.
I can completly understand any Newcastle fan being frustrated as hell at being stuck with Ashley (incredible that in all this process his made £17m!!! from the Saudi's paying him a non-refundable deposit!!) but not to be stuck with such scum as the Saudi owners is genuinely better for the Club in the long run IF IT IS STILL SOLD THAT IS.

The World is changing right now, this change might not last, but there is a bit of momentum globally as there is a whiff of rebellion, anarchy or revolution whatever adjective you want to use that will see Ashley still have the club up for grabs and in this climate perhaps new owners would make it more about the Club rather than themselves. And the proposed PIF takeover was all about the Saudi's and not Newcastle Utd. no amount of spin will ever change that.

What's changed?

You're still the same miserable bellys-out buffoons you always were.... Back to whinging about Ashley not making you a top club for you; even though you've never been one.

Poor Brucie.... Deserves better than you lot.

My theory is that the Premier League require an explanation of how decision making would work, but the Saudis generally don't do transparency. Exactly how decisions are made, and by who, is not to be explained to outsiders.

Back
Top Bottom