Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem is there are 50 000 people every week who will turn a blind eye to those details as will the media and UEFA.

Having any sort of moral conscience in this era is pretty much pointless when it comes to the world of football.

You're right about the media though..... Not a dickie-bird.

The problem is there are 50 000 people every week who will turn a blind eye to those details as will the media and UEFA.

Having any sort of moral conscience in this era is pretty much pointless when it comes to the world of football.

I do agree, there will be a large amount of their fans and the media who will care more about what player they can buy or what trophy they’re going to win. Their main interest will be in what they can actually physically see - money.

The problem is football lost it soul to money decades ago. The fact is the corruption in football goes to the top with Fifa. There will be nothing left of our game because they let in every dispicable person. I wish it was different but football is going to be a play thing of the Despots in the future.

Last edited:
The problem is football lost it soul to money decades ago. The fact is the cirruption in football goes to the top with Fifa. There will be nothing left of our game because they let in every dispicable person. I wish it was different but football is going to be a play thing of the Despots in the future.

CL quarter finals on the regular:

Russia vs Abu-Dhabi
Qatar vs Saudi

Wouldn’t be surprised Newcastle throwing 150m at Kane in the summer now.
I do think people are getting a little ahead of themselves about what this project might look like.

The part of it that’s tougher now, for a variety of reasons, is the initial “burn cash like crazy to buy whatever’s available inefficiently just to build credibility” phase that both City and Chelsea went through.

The prices are way higher, the market is tighter, FFP is a joke but it’s still a hassle, players and agents are more savvy, and frankly it’s harder to finish 6th in the PL than it’s ever been.

I don't see how the Premier League can support campaigns like "kick it out" or "rainbow laces" and then turn around and be ok with a slave state that executes people for blasphemy.

The 4 closest teams to me are Brighton, Palace, Crawley and Millwall.

Crawley play in red - Out
Palace have those muggy ultras -Out

Brighton Vs Millwall - two completly different ends of the political spectrum and wokery.

Decisions, decisions.
I do go to Crawley now and again mainly because it’s half way between me and my folks. Very much a non league feel to their ground but I quite like it. Bar is decent.

Where I am now, Fulham and Wimbledon are the closest. I have an irrational hatred of AFC W so they’re out. Few drinks by the river, however. I could do…

I don't see how the Premier League can support campaigns like "kick it out" or "rainbow laces" and then turn around and be ok with a slave state that executes people for blasphemy.

In case anyone needs to see that anything a corporation and government does morally is a load of hogwash the premier league is there to see.

HSBC in the U.K. talk about how we are not an island and are all preachy. In China they fully support the totalitarian CCP, in Mexico they help launder drug cash.

BLM, rainbow laces is just them understanding the market and the young and playing upto it to make money, nothing more.

The biggest problem in football is not the nasty fans in the stadium but the human rights violators in the boardrooms. If you want to preach fine, but you have to live by your virtue and a slave state is about as bad as you can be if you preach.

I know I sound cynical but I have worked in corporations and with marketing. It’s all very very cynical.

In case anyone needs to see that anything a corporation and government does morally is a load of hogwash the premier league is there to see.

HSBC in the U.K. talk about how we are not an island and are all preachy. In China they fully support the totalitarian CCP, in Mexico they help launder drug cash.

BLM, rainbow laces is just them understanding the market and the young and playing upto it to make money, nothing more.

The biggest problem in football is not the nasty fans in the stadium but the human rights violators in the boardrooms.

way-to-go-thumbs-up.gif

The biggest problem in football is not the nasty fans in the stadium but the human rights violators in the boardrooms. If you want to preach fine, but you have to live by your virtue and a slave state is about as bad as you can be if you preach.

I know I sound cynical but I have worked in corporations and with marketing. It’s all very very cynical.
Indeed, it's funny how they only started running many of these "campaigns" after the rights of those groups had already been achieved.

Where were these campaigns in the 1970s?

Minorities are simply a new market from which further profits can be extracted.

Back
Top Bottom