Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah FSG are good owners but they have got everything right recently so fair play to them, I don't expect the same thing to happen to Chelsea because it's a totally different philosophy that they're used to and if it did happen then it's not going to happen overnight that's for sure.

Going from Roman to the new owners will see a lot of cut backs.

Liverpool have arguably the best manager in the world but also the best scouting in the world, their hit rate is close to 100% it’s mad. If it was easy we would have done it, West Ham would have done it. Liverpool are the exception at the moment and exceptions are hard to copy.

Liverpool have arguably the best manager in the world but also the best scouting in the world, their hit rate is close to 100% it’s mad. If it was easy we would have done it, West Ham would have done it. Liverpool are the exception at the moment and exceptions are hard to copy.
Well said. If it was that easy, law of averages would have let us get in right in the last 20 years.
if they are not bankrolled, they’re fucked. And they will need CL much more than the others in the chase as they cannot generate revenue like the rest.

I’ll be amazed if the new owners build a new stadium. It’s just too expensive on top of a huge outlay of billions to buy the club. I just can’t see them having the appetite for it. If one is built then I bet the first game isn’t played in it in this decade.

What happens to the 1.4 billion loan and ffp surely the other clubs are not going to sign this off without a suitable remedy.

Well from what has been reported, the buyers have signed their bit, the fit and proper person has been done but that leaves the government sign off and Abramovich potential veto. If those pass I would expect a full explatination of the £1.7bn loan and how that is being treated.

Well from what has been reported, the buyers have signed their bit, the fit and proper person has been done but that leaves the government sign off and Abramovich potential veto. If those pass I would expect a full explatination of the £1.7bn loan and how that is being treated.

Sounds like they are just going to park it in a government account until they decide what to do with it. Surely it can’t sit there indefinitely though. I bet it’s either forgotten about, hushed up or something will be done with it on the quiet.

Sounds like they are just going to park it in a government account until they decide what to do with it. Surely it can’t sit there indefinitely though. I bet it’s either forgotten about, hushed up or something will be done with it on the quiet.

I would image every chairman in the league will have lawyers going over it, as you say can’t sit there forever.

Oh it can.

Apparently there's houses owned by Gaddafi that the govt sanctioned.
People are paying rent to the government for houses that the government doesn't own.

Oh it can.

People are paying rent to the government for houses that the government doesn't own.

I've been thinking as much for some time... If there's any way the gov can play the long game and loophole their way into a 1.75bn windfall that's exactly what they'll do.

Oh it can.

I didn’t know that. But that is slightly different as they are a physical asset actually making money for the tax payer through rent. A lump sum of cash sitting in a bank account doesn’t do anything and they aren’t going to invest it.

How can it be parked anywhere, if it hasn't been repaid? Which - as I understand the deal - it hasn't.

The money paid for the club will be parked, correct. The loan is still an unknown, along with quite a few questions surrounding it. Will RA demand it paid? What will happen to the money from that? Are the new owners prepared to pay it? FFP implications if it's written off?

How can it be parked anywhere, if it hasn't been repaid? Which - as I understand the deal - it hasn't.

The money paid for the club will be parked, correct. The loan is still an unknown, along with quite a few questions surrounding it. Will RA demand it paid? What will happen to the money from that? Are the new owners prepared to pay it? FFP implications if it's written off?

I think that as the deal becomes un-ravelled, the £4.5bn price-tag will transpire to have included clearance of the debt. Leaving a net value of £2.75bn paid.

It's a compromised assest; why on earth would any sensible negotiator pay prime value (or arguably above; seeing as it runs at a loss) for it?

Last edited:

page men GIF

Yeah FSG are good owners but they have got everything right recently so fair play to them, I don't expect the same thing to happen to Chelsea because it's a totally different philosophy that they're used to and if it did happen then it's not going to happen overnight that's for sure.

Going from Roman to the new owners will see a lot of cut backs.

Everyone seems to forget that Chelsea were a club going in the right direction even before the Russian arrived. They were winning domestic cups and a European trophy iirc and had top 4 finishes. It all started when that Harding bloke took over from Ken Bates in the mid 90's. During that period, 7 or 8 years, they still achieved more on the pitch than we have since Enic's 21 years in charge of us.

Exactly, I don’t get it either. They seem to have repackaged it somehow. All very strange.

Everyone seems to forget that Chelsea were a club going in the right direction even before the Russian arrived. They were winning domestic cups and a European trophy iirc and had top 4 finishes. It all started when that Harding bloke took over from Ken Bates in the mid 90's. During that period, 7 or 8 years, they still achieved more on the pitch than we have since Enic's 21 years in charge of us.

Yes but they did it all on massive borrowed money, they literally where doing a Leeds and about to default then Abramovich bailed them out, without him they would have been sent a few divisions below and started from scratch.

Yes but they did it all on massive borrowed money, they literally where doing a Leeds and about to default then Abramovich bailed them out, without him they would have been sent a few divisions below and started from scratch.

Doing a Leeds? Oh my god we must all avoid doing a Leeds and run our clubs sensibly :levystare: :levywhoa:

Doing a Leeds? Oh my god we must all avoid doing a Leeds and run our clubs sensibly :levystare: :levywhoa:

Haha I know I know, but Chelsea where going actually to the wall then a certain Russia came in to save them. Wish Putin had made Abramovich fall out of a window instead.

Back
Top Bottom