Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sad Bbc GIF by Waterloo Road

Me recalling we actually let Nicholas Jackson score a hatrick at our ground....

Although someone is buying Toney. Surely. It could be an instant fix for Chelsea's woes, or could what Woolwich need to give them the edge in the title race.

I personally don't think he suits our style of play and we'd be priced out anyway.
As well as not rating him this is why I don't want Gallagher. That's their get out. Ivan Tony fixes alot of what's wrong. But no 50 million Gallagher equals no Toney.

As well as not rating him this is why I don't want Gallagher. That's their get out. Ivan Tony fixes alot of what's wrong. But no 50 million Gallagher equals no Toney.
We are all laughing at Chelsea this season but the truth is they are losing matches because they are not clinical enough. They are creating enough to win matches at a canter.

Toney will fix almost everything for them. Not enough to save this season, but enough to course correct.

We are all laughing at Chelsea this season but the truth is they are losing matches because they are not clinical enough. They are creating enough to win matches at a canter.

Toney will fix almost everything for them. Not enough to save this season, but enough to course correct.
They can’t get Toney, they’re fucked for ffp which is why they’re looking to sell their academy graduates for reasonable fees, even to rivals

Spent a billion but still need a proper striker and perhaps goalkeeper. Tend to agree, a top striker and they would have 10-15 more points this season.

They can’t get Toney, they’re fucked for ffp which is why they’re looking to sell their academy graduates for reasonable fees, even to rivals
Yes and no, Gallagher won't sign a new deal. That's why they are pressed on him specifically. He's also the easiest cash injection.

Not so sure, they have lots of money and could probably spend another billion, it’s the FFP regs which fuck them. They might sell Gallagher to us for £45m pure profit and buy Toney for £80m spread over 5 years to get round it.

Chelsea currently operate like a drunken sailor, if they can sell 2-3 players for a total of 70-80m so they can spend 200m spread over 5 years they will.

Not exactly £1bn, but you do remember how shite we were after we spent all the Bale money?

You can buy all the players you want, but if they don't gel into a coherent team it doesn't mean anything.
Do you?

After selling Bale we dropped from 5th in the league to 6th and went from 72 points down to 69 points. We got a round further in each of the domestic cups and failed a round sooner in the Europa League.

I loved Bale, and I enjoyed those teams more than any others in memory (was not aware of what a Tottenham was in '91). But there wasn't a lot of drop off after Bale left, and it wasn't much longer until we ratcheted up a level to a legit CL club contending for the PL title.

Also, regarding Chelsea their net spend has been over €1B since the takeover - that's a far cry from selling Elvis and buying the Monkees (because we definitely didn't buy the Beatles with the Bale money). Completely different scenario.

Last edited:
They have a relegation 6 pointer against Luton later this week. Chavs are currently 7 point ahead of Luton, a Luton win closes the gap to just 4 points.

Although someone is buying Toney. Surely. It could be an instant fix for Chelsea's woes, or could what Woolwich need to give them the edge in the title race.

I personally don't think he suits our style of play and we'd be priced out anyway.

I‘m sure I read a rumour he was going to Chelsea back in October. I think the scum are too close to FFP to get him in January and Chelsea have saleable assets to be able to flog off in order to get him. But I’m not totally convinced To ey will move until the summer. The money is fairly useless to Brentford in January and they’ll be able to get more of a bidding war going on in the summer.

After selling Bale we dropped from 5th in the league to 6th and went from 72 points down to 69 points. We got a round further in each of the domestic cups and failed a round sooner in the Europa League.
I think you'll find that we went out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup to Woolwich in 13/14 but we did get to the quarter-finals of the league cup (we went out to West Ham in what I think was Jermain Defoe's last appearance for us).

I agree that the overall level of achievement wasn't much different to the previous season. We just remember the season badly because we lost Bale and going out of the FA cup in the 3rd round to Woolwich really sucked. It also didn't help that most of the Bale money was squandered on non-performing players.

I think you'll find that we went out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup to Woolwich in 13/14 but we did get to the quarter-finals of the league cup (we went out to West Ham in what I think was Jermain Defoe's last appearance for us).

I agree that the overall level of achievement wasn't much different to the previous season. We just remember the season badly because we lost Bale and going out of the FA cup in the 3rd round to Woolwich really sucked. It also didn't help that most of the Bale money was squandered on non-performing players.
Only Lamela and Eriksen had any credit. Maybe Chadli a little bit.

Just relegate Crystal Palace for goodness sake.
What mind altering drugs have they given Olise and Eze to sign contracts. But sadly I saw early Pochettino fingerprints on players like Mudryk Madueke Gusto they get Tony he will get them motoring we need to back Ange now this lot won't stay car crash indefinitely. There's junk like Badileshile, and Lavia is way overpriced. But there's potential.

Back
Top Bottom