Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every time I click on this thread it's in the hope that they have finally imploded or at least brought to book for their decades of cheating.

Maybe that's now a tiny bit closer.

Realistic me knows it will never happen though.

The sad thing is the worse the cheating the longer it is. Everton who didn’t cooperate that well but only had a minor breach was 28,000 pages for 1 charge. Just imagine the City 115 charges, you looking at millions of pages.

City actual are more likely to get off, they have only one batch of charges (Chavs have the Boehy overspend and the much bigger Abramovich corruption case). City also have totally denied everything where as Chavs have admitted to a lot of the Abramoivch cheating, sadly for them the Cyprus papers that came out afterwards was of more cheating which Chavs have yet to publicly either deny or accept.

That means for some of the Abramovich misdeeds they have already admitted and thus will have to be punished. It then comes down to the further revelations in the Cyprus papers and the Boehy overspending situation, if Chelsea can sell £100-200m of academy players by June 30th.

I actually get the feeling Chavs situation could be sorted quicker than City’s despite City having the formal charges already.

If they are found guilty like city hope they get relegated to league two. They will appeal and win partially so will end up in league one or the championship. That'll do me.

Any club kicked out the league it’s upto the Football League to decide if they take them. Any club kicked out for cheating is probably starting in the national league.

All the so-called journos (and the relevant government bodies) that let this shit slide for 20 years ought to be fucking ashamed of themselves.
To feel shame, you need to have a conscience. The vast majority of journalists, and every government body, sold theirs a long time ago.

Those same people will be right up there at the front, voicing their disgust, asking "why was this allowed to happen?"

I was just wondering how much the Prem can punish Chelsea, insofar as points deductions are concerned.

Their power begins and ends with their own league no? If so, does it then fall into the hands of the FA to decide how low Chelsea can go, even to expelling them from their own leagues?

I'm not really clear on this as I don't know the Prem/FA dynamics, so I'm not making any assertions, but I'm not sure the Prem has the power to kick anyone out of the leagues, only out of the Prem.

I was just wondering how much the Prem can punish Chelsea, insofar as points deductions are concerned.

Their power begins and ends with their own league no? If so, does it then fall into the hands of the FA to decide how low Chelsea can go, even to expelling them from their own leagues?

I'm not really clear on this as I don't know the Prem/FA dynamics, so I'm not making any assertions, but I'm not sure the Prem has the power to kick anyone out of the leagues, only out of the Prem.

No idea mate... Though my guess would be that the EFL/FA would be fairly obliging as they'll want to preserve any money that gets passed down from the EPL.

I think I can guess what will happen to both them and Man City. The PL and FA will wash their hands of making a huge decision and they’ll get off lightly. Instead, as is allowed in the PL rule book, they will leave it to the other PL clubs who have lost out on billions of pounds in tv and prize money to sue them instead. Could the rest of the PL clubs club together and sue them for loss of earnings effectively?

I think I can guess what will happen to both them and Man City. The PL and FA will wash their hands of making a huge decision and they’ll get off lightly. Instead, as is allowed in the PL rule book, they will leave it to the other PL clubs who have lost out on billions of pounds in tv and prize money to sue them instead. Could the rest of the PL clubs club together and sue them for loss of earnings effectively?
Isn't it an independent board pursuing this? In which case, I don't think the Prem can wash their hands of it. If the enquiry finds them guilty and states that X amount of points per infraction is the punishment, then the Prem are required to enforce that no?

If I'm right that they can only expel them from the Prem, it's then fully in the hands of the FA to decide just how much further they can drop.

So, essentially, the Prem can expel them, but still come out looking strong, if the FA let them off lightly, by stating they gave them the maximum punishment by expelling them.

If course, we all know that this isn't the maximum punishment they can give them, as they could ban them from competing in the Prem for a number of years, but I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that they wouldn't.

I'd like to think that the FA won't be soft and will kick them out of the leagues altogether, but there's more hope than belief there.

Isn't it an independent board pursuing this? In which case, I don't think the Prem can wash their hands of it. If the enquiry finds them guilty and states that X amount of points per infraction is the punishment, then the Prem are required to enforce that no?

If I'm right that they can only expel them from the Prem, it's then fully in the hands of the FA to decide just how much further they can drop.

So, essentially, the Prem can expel them, but still come out looking strong, if the FA let them off lightly, by stating they gave them the maximum punishment by expelling them.

If course, we all know that this isn't the maximum punishment they can give them, as they could ban them from competing in the Prem for a number of years, but I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that they wouldn't.

I'd like to think that the FA won't be soft and will kick them out of the leagues altogether, but there's more hope than belief there.

Consigning them to the champ for 1 year (assuming they'd easily bounce straight back up) would do very little other than punish the other champo clubs.

Any club kicked out the league it’s upto the Football League to decide if they take them. Any club kicked out for cheating is probably starting in the national league.
How would they shoehorn them into the NL or the EFL?

Allow a demoted club from the league above to stay up? Doesn't seem right.

Prevent a club from the league below a promotion? That doesn't seem right either.

Would be a whole host of lawsuits if that was the case.

Suppose you could allow for an extra team in whichever league they are in for that season, however, how do you bring the number back to 'normal'? Extra promoted team, or extra demoted?

It's a very tangled web IMO.

Consigning them to the champ for 1 year (assuming they'd easily bounce straight back up) would do very little other than punish the other champo clubs.
That's what concerns me. It wouldn't be a punishment so much as a sabbatical.

This will go on for years, and I can't escape the feeling that none of us are going to be happy with the eventual outcome.

That's what concerns me. It wouldn't be a punishment so much as a sabbatical.

This will go on for years, and I can't escape the feeling that none of us are going to be happy with the eventual outcome.

Guess:
10-20 points deduction.
Massive fine.
Trf ban (Not for the first time....... Previously 1 year of a ban was suspended too IIRC)

= Crime pays; basically.

Juve got 1 x relegation and a 30 point deduction the following season for actual match-fixing. There's your precedent right there.

Last edited:

I think that’s the best we can hope for. They should be kicked out the league if found guilty but I’ll believe it when I see it. The PL clubs all suing them will be damaging for everyone. But I can see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom