Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Potter goes onto to be a success at Chelsea I will just laugh my head off.

It won't he easy of course but it would once more be a matter of irony that a bloke not considered good enough for us would be considered good enough for Chelsea.

He plays a system that we fcuking like and yet some posters' snobbery just sees what they want.

I think Potter will find expectation hard (maybe too hard) but fair play to Chelsea if they sign him and shame on some of us.

I wonder how the Chelsea players will view it.
That's because you're the most poorly disguised Chavs fan on the internet.

If Potter goes onto to be a success at Chelsea I will just laugh my head off.

It won't he easy of course but it would once more be a matter of irony that a bloke not considered good enough for us would be considered good enough for Chelsea.

He plays a system that we fcuking like and yet some posters' snobbery just sees what they want.

I think Potter will find expectation hard (maybe too hard) but fair play to Chelsea if they sign him and shame on some of us.

I wonder how the Chelsea players will view it.
Yeah its what stopped us from signing potter. Posters on here

Money talks in football. They can have any manager they want, if their target is willing. Even Conte could return there if they wanted him, and he wanted to go.
I'm not so sure Brighton would let him go at this stage of the season. He's under contract, and losing Potter could seriously derail their season.

We're I on Brighton's board, I'd refuse any offer, no matter how big it was, and I honestly cannot see Potter chucking it in to get the move. He doesn't strike me as being that mercenary.

They literally bought a load of youth prospects in the window that just shut...

So are they gonna wait for a couple of years for them to blossom and potentially not win anything in the mean time.

I'm sure if they were focusing on youth then CHO would still be at the club and they wouldn't have bought in a 33 year old striker.

Hope it’s all paper talk. Potter is a top manager. Poch? No words if he went there really. Would be properly unhappy from a “from us to that” perspective but he failed at PSG so perhaps I can satisfy my bloodlust with that knowledge if he stained himself by going there.
Anyway. Fuck them. Am sat outside a garage in Sidcup waiting for my car to be fixed (again) trying to kill some time whilst dreaming of getting to the pub early doors for some liveners before the game.

Yeah its what stopped us from signing potter. Posters on here

I am not saying that so don't be silly. It's the warped thinking and the sense of we can always do better.

As I stated often at the time when Potter was mooted (and for the record very happy we have Conte) he had done more than Pochettino had and yet...

That's because you're the most poorly disguised Chavs fan on the internet.

Don't be fcuking silly. I cannot stand them and used a poor word is possibly saying fair play but it absolutely stands that many posters did not think Potter was good enough for us.

That is the key reference here.

Honestly anybody but anybody who believes any tripe about my allegiance needs to go and find themselves.

Got to disagree any top 6 club management job is bigger than the England gig.

Nah it's really not.

Man United and Liverpool, maybe/yes.

Others? Not really including us.

Win an international tournament with England and you'll be a legend.

Winning the CL will never compare.

And this England group are better than all bar one or two PL clubs anyway.

Chelsea FC bigger than England?! What the actual fuck?

Call yourselves Spurs fans?

Anyway, Hoddle didn't think so.

:pochsmirk:

Don't be fcuking silly. I cannot stand them and used a poor word is possibly saying fair play but it absolutely stands that many posters did not think Potter was good enough for us.

That is the key reference here.

Honestly anybody but anybody who believes any tripe about my allegiance needs to go and find themselves.
I thought you were a man United fan to be fair.

I'm not so sure Brighton would let him go at this stage of the season. He's under contract, and losing Potter could seriously derail their season.

We're I on Brighton's board, I'd refuse any offer, no matter how big it was, and I honestly cannot see Potter chucking it in to get the move. He doesn't strike me as being that mercenary.
Potter has a release clause of about £16m.

And it's important to note here. I am not saying I necessarily believe Potter would be a success if he went to Chelsea. The odds are not in his favour.

I am talking about more so of the principle that good manager a doing a sales hard job at smaller clubs sometimes must be given a chance.

And that having done so with Pochettino why not Potter? Made little sense.

Actually I don't care if Potter or Poch takes the job. I think it's insanity to sack Tuchel and the owners have done us a massive favor. Neither Potter or Poch is better than Tuchel. I think they will both struggle to get the respect of the players. They will be sacked pretty quickly if Tuchel is anything to go by.

I know who would be a great fit...

brendan-rodgers.jpg

I’m talking about taking managers off another club. If you want to do that, it should during the transfer window… and if you fire them outside the window, you either wait (like United did last year) or hire a free agent.

Imagine we are on top 3 within shouting distance of the leaders and then someone poaches Conte mid season on a moments notice. That type of BS would make me quit football.

You know who and how we hired to replace Ramos yes???

Back
Top Bottom