Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm wondering how long it will be before the teams in Saudi and other Arab leagues start throwing money about in order to somehow get their teams into the champion's league. We know how bent top officials are,( as you say, Qatar and the last world cup) and Arab money is unending. I'm sure it's coming soon....
Trust Florentino Perez & his Superleague dream

The Saudi Arabian state-owned oil giant Aramco is set to complete a significant sponsorship deal with Fifa after the country was confirmed as the sole bidder for the 2034 World Cup.

Aramco, the world’s most profitable company, is expected to become one of Fifa’s top-tier partners in a relationship that is set to last until 2034. Industry experts believe the deal could be worth up to $100million (about £84 million a year) to football’s world governing body by the time Saudi Arabia hosts the World Cup, making it Fifa’s biggest-paying sponsor.

Sources in the marketing industry and those with knowledge of Aramco’s plans have said that talks over a sponsorship deal are at an advanced stage.

Aramco already has a number of sports sponsorships including with the International Cricket Council for the Cricket World Cup, cricket’s Indian Premier League, Formula 1 and women’s golf. The company declined to comment, while Fifa said it had a policy not to confirm or deny any commercial discussions.

Fifa fast-tracked the bidding process for the 2034 tournament last month in a move that caught most of the football world by surprise, and was seen as stacking the deck in Saudi Arabia’s favour as it gave potential bidders less than four weeks to register their interest. The Times reported in August that Saudi Arabia was already seeking backers for its 2034 bid.

I'm wondering how long it will be before the teams in Saudi and other Arab leagues start throwing money about in order to somehow get their teams into the champion's league. We know how bent top officials are,( as you say, Qatar and the last world cup) and Arab money is unending. I'm sure it's coming soon....
100% that’s the target

Imagine being a famous old club like Santos or Boca Juniors and then as soon as a bit of money gets splashed about by some shit cunts in Saudi they’re immediately invited into the champions league

I know South America have libertadores etc but I’m sure they’d much rather play in the European cup

Football is finished

Imagine being a famous old club like Santos or Boca Juniors and then as soon as a bit of money gets splashed about by some shit cunts in Saudi they’re immediately invited into the champions league

I know South America have libertadores etc but I’m sure they’d much rather play in the European cup

Football is finished

Bringing the SAm teams would be brilliant.

On Willian:

The Brazilian, who went on to win multiple trophies with Chelsea, had been on the verge of signing for its London rivals Tottenham Hotspur until Abramovich reportedly hijacked the deal, via a personal phone call to Kerimov.

Two months earlier, the Abramovich-owned Leiston Holdings agreed to pay two companies connected to Kerimov for “services in […] relating to football, including scouting and other football-related advice”.

Tobeo Services Inc and Fernington Invest Corp, both based in the BVIs, were each to be paid €12m, documents dated 10 June 2013 suggest.
It's not just FFP, it's massive scale money laundering.

Abramovich Signed Football Players to “Modern Slavery” Deals that May Breach FIFA Rules - OCCRP

The Saudi Arabian state-owned oil giant Aramco is set to complete a significant sponsorship deal with Fifa after the country was confirmed as the sole bidder for the 2034 World Cup.

Aramco, the world’s most profitable company, is expected to become one of Fifa’s top-tier partners in a relationship that is set to last until 2034. Industry experts believe the deal could be worth up to $100million (about £84 million a year) to football’s world governing body by the time Saudi Arabia hosts the World Cup, making it Fifa’s biggest-paying sponsor.

Sources in the marketing industry and those with knowledge of Aramco’s plans have said that talks over a sponsorship deal are at an advanced stage.

Aramco already has a number of sports sponsorships including with the International Cricket Council for the Cricket World Cup, cricket’s Indian Premier League, Formula 1 and women’s golf. The company declined to comment, while Fifa said it had a policy not to confirm or deny any commercial discussions.

Fifa fast-tracked the bidding process for the 2034 tournament last month in a move that caught most of the football world by surprise, and was seen as stacking the deck in Saudi Arabia’s favour as it gave potential bidders less than four weeks to register their interest. The Times reported in August that Saudi Arabia was already seeking backers for its 2034 bid.
Why does a governing body need a sponsor?

Yep seen loads of Chavs fans act like they were not doped with dodgy cash and as if City are somehow different. Really weird like they don’t know their recent history.
But do they think that with their current owners reporting themselves for a number of financial irregularities (involving much more money than the £20m of Everton, across the possibility of 2 decades) isn't going to see themselves with unprecedented fines and points deductions that should almost certainly see them relegated doesn't effect them???? madness.

Back
Top Bottom