Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My impression is that it two sides of the same coin. They were willing to both use their media influence to shut down negative stories, as well as keep the players in line. Fergie was a corrupt bastard, and his influence over refs has become legendary, doesn't seem such a leap to think there was more going on. Especially with stories coming out of that place now.
I can’t agree with that. But I can see the logic if I look really closely. And if I didn’t know the positive intent of his actions from his time up here.

What I can’t see the logic in is your last line. He’s been away from managing them for ten years. And if it’s only his influence keeping stuff out of the press, I’d think there’s be a lot more coming from other clubs.

I’d say it’s more likely that Greenwood and Antony are a pair of cunts and the MU PR dept are shite. It’s a huge leap to go from Fergie pointing at his watch so a ref sees it to protecting rapists and scumbags.

Didn't he have some "personal issues" last year ?

I seem to remember something being said about that
It was by ETH, he said he wasn't physically or mentally prepared for the season. At the time eth had a lot of credit and so it seemed that it was code for mental problems. Not seen any other links

I can’t agree with that. But I can see the logic if I look really closely. And if I didn’t know the positive intent of his actions from his time up here.

What I can’t see the logic in is your last line. He’s been away from managing them for ten years. And if it’s only his influence keeping stuff out of the press, I’d think there’s be a lot more coming from other clubs.

I’d say it’s more likely that Greenwood and Antony are a pair of cunts and the MU PR dept are shite. It’s a huge leap to go from Fergie pointing at his watch so a ref sees it to protecting rapists and scumbags.

I'd guess....

They've gone from bad: Woodwood as top brass.
To worse: That bellend that thought it was a wise idea to chat trf strategy with a couple of 'fans'/media-baiters over pint in the pub.

Then add the fact that the Glaziers are probably tone deaf cos they don't give the slightest shit about the club; so every decision is is driven by dollar signs (eg Protect the multi-million pound asset that is MG).

It was by ETH, he said he wasn't physically or mentally prepared for the season. At the time eth had a lot of credit and so it seemed that it was code for mental problems. Not seen any other links

Wasn't it mid-way through last season......?

The only true professional left at that club is Harry McGuire. Turn off the lights on your way out, pal.
Lindelöf looks a sound lad (catching criminals and all that). But the good lads in that dressing room are starting to look outnumbered.

Back
Top Bottom