Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't forget, United were mullered 7-0 by Liverpool just a few months ago. They may have finished top 4 last year, but that was greatly helped by other teams imploding rather than their quality

Don't forget, United were mullered 7-0 by Liverpool just a few months ago. They may have finished top 4 last year, but that was greatly helped by other teams imploding rather than their quality
Woolwich, Man Utd, Brighton, Villa & Newcastle all benefited hugely from Liverpool having a subpar season and Spurs and Chelsea having shockers.

Woolwich & Brighton less so. - but the other 3 became insanely arrogant and reality is going to hit them so hard this year.

His decline is quite something.

He was exactly what they needed last season. And he was unbelievable for, as you say, about 75% of it. He's probably the biggest reason why they managed to get top four. But he looks like an absolute shadow now.

There's no method behind their signings. Ten Hag just seems to like signing big names on the decline (Casemiro, Varane etc) or players who have played for him before (Antony, Onana, Amrabat etc)

Long gone are the days when Utd had the pull to buy all the best from the rest.

At Real the assumption, as I recall, was that it was more so Casemiro making the trio tick, because Modric/Kroos could go do their thing with him patroling. Maybe it was never the case. Maybe Real was just damn good. Maybe you're not going to find a stronger pair of 8's than Modric/Kroos, to make the 6's job look easy.

Midfield full of plodders

Oh it's worse than that:

Varane - 30... Injury prone.
Lindelof - 29... Never been the answer
Maguire - 30... Never been the answer
Evans - 35... LOL
Shaw - 28... Injury prone.
Casemiro - 31..... Legs going/gone & card-prone.
Eriksen - 31.... Legs going/gone
Fernandes - 29..... Sketchy, fair weather captain.

Martinez - Struggles to stay fit.
Martial - Never been the answer
McTominay - Never been the answer
Van De Beak - Bust.
Sancho - Gone wrong.
Anthony - Gone cunt.
Greenwood - Rapist

"Hey Mr Glazier; can I have another £1bn please." :harrysmile:

At Real the assumption, as I recall, was that it was more so Casemiro making the trio tick, because Modric/Kroos could go do their thing with him patroling. Maybe it was never the case. Maybe Real was just damn good. Maybe you're not going to find a stronger pair of 8's than Modric/Kroos, to make the 6's job look easy.

Tbh, Casemiro is one of the greatest midfielders of his generation, he was definitely great at Real Madrid.

Let's not try and rewrite history because of his current form

Tbh, Casemiro is one of the greatest midfielders of his generation, he was definitely great at Real Madrid.

Let's not try and rewrite history because of his current form

But rewriting history is fun, when it lets you shit on United.

Seriously though, you're right. That midfield trio is the best, we've seen for decades. Better than anything City or Barca have had imo. So not discounting the player Casemiro was.

I just always felt, and feel even more now, that the narrative was that Casemiro made the trio, and Real, tick, while I thought it was Modric, Kroos, Casemiro in that order, which made them great.

But rewriting history is fun, when it lets you shit on United.

Seriously though, you're right. That midfield trio is the best, we've seen for decades. Better than anything City or Barca have had imo. So not discounting the player Casemiro was.

I just always felt, and feel even more now, that the narrative was that Casemiro made the trio, and Real, tick, while I thought it was Modric, Kroos, Casemiro in that order, which made them great.

Definitely close between that trio and Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

Casemiro was phenomenal at Madrid for 8/9 years. Let's not do revisionist history here.

He's beginning his slow decline, but he's been ok all things considered. Still has a goal in a cup final.

The second a club like Madrid opens the door for a player of his reputation to leave - if your aim is to get on par with/surpass Madrid then you should ask yourself why are they allowing him to leave? Especially since they had the likes of Camavinga and the French John Boyega stunt double in their ranks.

Utd bit the bait from Madrid because they got thumped by Brentford early last season, Casemiro was the big name used to show that they are still relevant.

It's exactly the same reason that I wanted us to avoid Laporte like the plague this summer for the LCB role.

Oh it's worse than that:

Evans - 35... LOL

Van De Beak - Bust.
Sancho - Gone wrong.
Anthony - Gone cunt.
Greenwood - Rapist

They brought Casimero and Eriksen and they are already deadwood they need to sell as their legs are going. What a club.

Oh it's worse than that:

Evans - 35... LOL

Van De Beak - Bust.
Sancho - Gone wrong.
Anthony - Gone cunt.
Greenwood - Rapist

Madrid definitely know when to sell a player , made a nice profit on Varane and Casemiro

No he was really good. The best DM in the world. Totally shut down huge teams on numerous occasions in Europe and it was very obvious what he was doing on an individual level. Of course a Modric is a much better footballer but in terms of the DM role he was exceptional.

And he was very, very good for a lot of last season for United - its just a decline and that club seems to accelerate declines because of the culture/lack of cohesion/whatever. So many good players seem to tail off there.

No he was really good. The best DM in the world. Totally shut down huge teams on numerous occasions in Europe and it was very obvious what he was doing on an individual level. Of course a Modric is a much better footballer but in terms of the DM role he was exceptional.

And he was very, very good for a lot of last season for United - its just a decline and that club seems to accelerate declines because of the culture/lack of cohesion/whatever. So many good players seem to tail off there.
Apart from the odd player, such as Roberto Carlos, Brazilians seem to go downhill fast once they hit 30

Back
Top Bottom