Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They definitely give black players a harder time. Sure Rooney and Beckham had it bad, but not quite to the same degree (eg. when is Rooney ever now asked about the numerous times he cheated on his wife?). It only quietened down after Rashford and Saka missed the Euro Final penalties. That was a bit of a watershed moment but before that it was different.

Anyway, the media are cunts basically.

Media print articles to make money, I wouldn't say they do it because they're racist - all they're doing is reporting what people want to read so it's not the media,it's the people who read and consume that nonsense.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

View: https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1772905324103512212?s=46&t=Zr__ObRcjqxF616P03tagg

There seems to be at least one United young player a year that gets hyped up and then virtually disappears

Januzaj, Maceda, Fosu-Mensah, Malacia, Elanga, etc
I'm absolutely convinced that Mainoo is just a bog standard footballer been hyped up beyond all rationality because his surname is somewhat similar to Man U...

They definitely give black players a harder time. Sure Rooney and Beckham had it bad, but not quite to the same degree (eg. when is Rooney ever now asked about the numerous times he cheated on his wife?). It only quietened down after Rashford and Saka missed the Euro Final penalties. That was a bit of a watershed moment but before that it was different.

Anyway, the media are cunts basically.
What did the media do to Saka, Rashford and Sancho after they missed?
Most, if not all the abuse was from the public who made it very racist.

I don't care what colour they are, or who they play for, their penalties were all shit "instagram" penalties.
Funny how the ones that went in, for both teams, were taken by grown men who smashed them in the back of the net with no fannying around.

I'm absolutely convinced that Mainoo is just a bog standard footballer been hyped up beyond all rationality because his surname is somewhat similar to Man U...
Maybe but not yesterday's display. If that was his true level and he can play that consistently it's better than what we have for that position. Could be a rashford and has purple patch followed by his current form.

What did the media do to Saka, Rashford and Sancho after they missed?
Most, if not all the abuse was from the public who made it very racist.

I don't care what colour they are, or who they play for, their penalties were all shit "instagram" penalties.
Funny how the ones that went in, for both teams, were taken by grown men who smashed them in the back of the net with no fannying around.
Could be my memory...(that and not caring that much) but didn't Rashford simply hit the post. Like a postage stamp the wrong side? I also think your description of Harry Maguire as a grown man is generous and probably contested in Greece.

Maybe but not yesterday's display. If that was his true level and he can play that consistently it's better than what we have for that position. Could be a rashford and has purple patch followed by his current form.

He's absolutely better than anyone England have found in defensive midfield....as he's the ONLY one

There's probably another half a dozen out there as good as him, but for whatever reason the academy systems only focus on blooding number 10's or inverted wingers

And Southgate is incapable of selecting anyone from outside of the top 6 clubs now anyway.

Could be my memory...(that and not caring that much) but didn't Rashford simply hit the post. Like a postage stamp the wrong side? I also think your description of Harry Maguire as a grown man is generous and probably contested in Greece.

The Mykonos affair seems to have been swept under the carpet.

Rashford's pen was terrible. He should never have gone to the tournament anyway as he had a back injury, but I suspect did to protect his brand. It was the pen to win us the tournament but he did a stupid walk and tame finish. No way to take a serious penalty.

Back
Top Bottom