Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"My husband is very supportive and really surprised me when he said he'd bought me a Jose tattoo for Christmas."

As if she wasn't ugly enough already. :pochfacepalm:

(Honorary) Dumpster People of America thread in Off Topic methinks.

There really should be a separate Dumpster People: Rest of World thread though.

I think we've got enough in the UK to justify a whole thread. Could probably even justify 4 seperate ones, for Scotland, Wales, England and NI.

Still I don't know how this shit team managed to get second place so far. Then I remember how often they got away with murder in their own box and I understand. They probably had 9 points less if the refs had done their jobs but there seems to be one law for them and one law for the rest of us.

If I was a United / woolwich fan I'd be praying VAR never finds its way into the EPL.

Not really, the game was more tolerant of robust play. Notice how everyone just got up and played on

Yes Best and Eusebio have a bit of a moan and got on with it but some of those challenges were out of order

Imagine Fibreglass and Pedro on the receiving end?

Last edited:
Incredible stat (also far better than clean sheet stat when looking at individual goalkeeper performance).

You know what though, when you say shot s on target tomgoals conversion the’ but the quality shot on goal’ argument comes up.
That’s where stats are lacking.
You can’t hit he bar, or post. It won’t count. The keeper could be rooted, beaten.
Yet a shot that is as weak as shit-and would probably be saved or hits another player but was going on target ( which I don’t know how they judge as surely they don’t know if it’s hitting the post or bar) it’s counted a shot on target?
We have lots of shots on target per match but how many of the 20 odd actually looked like been goals.

He’s faced 27 more shots on goal than us and let in 5 less goals.
Were those 27 shots on target going for the top corner and spectacularly saved, weak shots that he saved with ease, blocked on the 18 yard box, hit straight at him or hit his foot unintentionally when beaten etc?

He’s a great keeper though.
He gets his position correct and most of his saves seem to be with his legs when he stand s up
and does that cricket thing,

You know what though, when you say shot s on target tomgoals conversion the’ but the quality shot on goal’ argument comes up.
That’s where stats are lacking.
You can’t hit he bar, or post. It won’t count. The keeper could be rooted, beaten.
Yet a shot that is as weak as shit-and would probably be saved or hits another player but was going on target ( which I don’t know how they judge as surely they don’t know if it’s hitting the post or bar) it’s counted a shot on target?
We have lots of shots on target per match but how many of the 20 odd actually looked like been goals.

He’s faced 27 more shots on goal than us and let in 5 less goals.
Were those 27 shots on target going for the top corner and spectacularly saved, weak shots that he saved with ease, blocked on the 18 yard box, hit straight at him or hit his foot unintentionally when beaten etc?

He’s a great keeper though.
He gets his position correct and most of his saves seem to be with his legs when he stand s up
and does that cricket thing,
That's what XG is mate, it takes into account the location of the shot and the likelihood of scoring from that position based on 100,000's of other shots from that location/position. Basically puts a number on it as opposed to saying "should have scored from there". Whether it's hit hard or soft don't think we're quite their with that yet.

I think it's the best stat in football, not perfect, but tends to reflect the game that's played out. To use down to an individual level is also better than just clean sheets, as it's a team game, the defence and style of the whole teams performance can effect whether a keeper actually faces shots at all. Take a look at the Man U game last night, Man U's underlying performance was terrible because they gave up loads of shots on their goal, they relied on their keeper to get them our of trouble. In return they barely had a shot themselves, it reflects how shit they are, as opposed to putting in a great controlled away performance.

Back
Top Bottom