Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand the mechanics of it......

It's curious how the power balance lies specifically given the various members of the Glaziers shareholding clan aren't united in their vision for the club anymore..... Which Glaziers sold how much is where the devil in the detail lies.

As brazen as the above strategy is; it's suprising that there aren't stock-market regulations to combat such obvious market manipulation.

I mean their probably is but how are you going to stop it?

The Glazers - the sold a percentage of their shares, they still own the majority but they sell before they announce anything to the public.

After the news broke that they weren't selling the club the share price dropped so low that now the Glazers can buy those shares back at a cheaper price - then they'll be another take over announcement and the share price will then increase and they will make millions on the shares they bought for a low price.
This is basically insider trading if one can prove they purposefully sold prior to the announcement that they weren’t selling the club.

Well if there ARE regulations; then presumably punishment?

I dunno.... 'They' seem to be happy to pursue Lewis..... Broadly speaking; what's the difference?

Yeah but you have to prove that's indeed the case - you'd have to prove that they had 0 intention of selling the club.

Insider trading/share flipping is rife - I'd imagine that it does on on a large scale with many companies.

I don't know the ins and outs of Lewis' case, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah but you have to prove that's indeed the case - you'd have to prove that they had 0 intention of selling the club.

Insider trading/share flipping is rife - I'd imagine that it does on on a large scale with many companies.

I don't know the ins and outs of Lewis' case, so I wouldn't know.

Likewise...... Of course any case has to be thrashed-out on a legal basis.

And yes IT/SF is inevitable. The stock exchange has long just seemed like a big con to me.

Well if there ARE regulations; then presumably punishment?

I dunno.... 'They' seem to be happy to pursue Lewis..... Broadly speaking; what's the difference?
Probably the evidence.

Lewis involved others, which is better evidence as one can flip on the rest and there is probably some form of communication that was used, which would be additional evidence.

The glazers didn’t use others so it’s hard to gather evidence. If they sold an abnormal amount of stock before publicly announcing the club was not going to be sold, it’s insider trading because they are acting on non public information. However, it has to be proven which I’m guessing is difficult without others involved. A pattern of this behavior is probably one of the ways to find evidence here but even that may not be enough.

Likewise...... Of course any case has to be thrashed on a legal basis.

And yes IT/SF is inevitable. The stock exchange has long just seemed like a big con to me.
I studied finance in college and fuck that shit. Day trading is a giant scam (unless you have inside info) and the general populace is basically forced to put money into the stock market to keep up with inflation. This means insiders can prey on the general populace. Many insiders trade legally by disclosing the trade to the SEC (not sure what they have to do in the UK) and it being based on public info, and they make 3 times as much as a non-insider.

Pathetic post.

Ummmmmhh....

OK, lets discuss this further shall we?

2585db5f-cf45-48fa-9b4d-c3419a2e07ca

F4D39MtWYAAKI0z

....OK; over to you.

Probably the evidence.

Lewis involved others, which is better evidence as one can flip on the rest and there is probably some form of communication that was used, which would be additional evidence.

The glazers didn’t use others so it’s hard to gather evidence. If they sold an abnormal amount of stock before publicly announcing the club was not going to be sold, it’s insider trading because they are acting on non public information. However, it has to be proven which I’m guessing is difficult without others involved. A pattern of this behavior is probably one of the ways to find evidence here but even that may not be enough.
Insiders need to declare trading, any regardless of market moving events Buy Stock With Insiders: How To Track Insider Buying

Back
Top Bottom