come on afc wimbledon!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

afc wimbledon (afc stands for 'a fan's club') are playing the franchise imposters, mk dons, who stole the club's roots and fucked off to milton keynes to buy their way into the football league...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ns-v-AFC-Wimbledon-more-than-just-a-game.html

No English football club had moved that sort of distance from their roots since Ars*nal commuted from Woolwich to Islington before the first world war. Many felt it went against all principles of the game, that clubs should reflect the communities from which they sprang.

afc are the real wimbledon.
we - the real north london - show our solidarity.

I see AFC as a continuation of Wimbledon FC, so I naturally don't like them :bmj:

But MK Dons can go and die, an odious 'outfit' with a 'chairman' who has absolutely no clue about what it is to be a football fan and have a footballing identity.

I want this to be a draw, replay back down at Kingsmeadow. Then watch Wimbledon win against Franchise in Wimbledon!

A9G_w3ECcAAckUm.jpg

don't get me wrong. i don't like wimbledon... heaven forfend!
i simply loathe, with a limitless passion, everything mk dons stands for and wot they did.

I never liked Wimbledon, but AFC Wimbledon represent what's right in this case. Mk Dons represent everything that's wrong with football

Are there any 'old club' Wimbledon fans who now follow MK Dons? To be honest, what happened is a long time ago, and there are a lot of reasons why the Wimbledon old club failed. It's good to see AFC in the league and, with their fan base, probably at a more sustainable level. MK gave the trophies 'back' to AFC, and I think it's time to move on (which most Wimbledon fans have done). The bigger issue and the greater tragedy is the growing number of smaller teams who are going bust, and the general greed at the top of the football 'family'.

they should drop the 'dons' part of their name then, cos that's stolen... and, they should relinquish their league status - which they bought - and, with their fan base, earn their way into the league.

Are there any 'old club' Wimbledon fans who now follow MK Dons?
The article ZoC ZoC refers to in the OP mentions one continued fan. I found the article refreshing in its even-handedness, but my opinion on this matter has been shouted down before, so I don't feel the need to re-discuss it.

A shame there wasn't much football on display in the first half. Gleeson's goal was top notch, but that was about it. Clive Tyldesley getting a little excited when mentioning Yado Mambo was the most entertaining thing on offer until the goal.

I hope Wimbledon can get back in it, but from the first 44 it looked like they wanted to get MK back to Kingsmeadow and I can see them getting done on the break when they eventually decide to chase the game.

wimbledon are not the only south london football club (beginning with 'w') that have struggled to survive on home territory, and have felt the need to re-establish themselves on more lucrative stomping grounds.

stick to wot you're good at, i say! wimbledon's always been known for tennis, woolwich for the manufacture of tools causing human misery.

ironic that ex-gooner ian wright is an assistant coach at mk dons.

Back
Top Bottom