Copa America 2024 ⚽🏆⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, just saw the first half highlights and stats, Panama looked like they never got out the gates. That Araujo goal was class. Uruguay always seems to have a quality team that’s fun to watch.

This Brazil v Costa Rica game could be a good one. Purely based on names you’d expect Brazil to win this one, but Costa Rica are a young team and have put together some solid teams in the last few years.

Watching this after the Euros, it’s like a slightly different sport. But just as much fun! I’d go to a game myself at MetLife if they weren’t charging exorbitant prices…

Is this the worst Brazilian team in decades?

Football really is just robots drilled into systems and players that have had originality, expression and flair coached out of their game.

It’s a fitness thing. I think the Europeans started to focus more on athletes than footballers and this in turn influenced the South American teams like Brazil.

I don’t watch any of their own league to see what the games are like.
But I know speaking to coaches who have been over to South America and Central America there is no “taking part that counts” mentality. It’s a very harsh and physical environment so maybe the fittest / strongest naturally rise to the top.

It’s also a shame we don’t have any stats on how many footballers smoked and had a pint / glass of wine during the 1970 and 1982 World Cup. I think Socrates was a 40 a day man while he was playing!!

Compared to now when players are more likely to be on asthma inhalers.

Games changed massively since those great Brazil sides of the past.

Back
Top Bottom