Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
The whole world is acting like dicks about this in my completely ignorant and no doubt inaccurate opinion.

It’s a new type of virus that is here to stay. We need to develop immunity to it so just bring it on and stop fucking up global civilisation.

Should point out that forcing me to not watch our remaining games this season could be a blessing...

The issue as I understand it is the knock-on effects.

It’s highly contagious and whilst it’s the elderly and ill-health that are at risk of dying, it’s severe enough to land a large number of people in hospital.

It will put huge pressure on hospitals, emergency services, and pretty much every business. If large numbers are being hospitalised it’s going to have big consequences for the market, and governments can’t afford to not compensate the sick, otherwise everyone will go into work anyway unless physically impossible.

Reports from Italy essentially say that they don’t have the staff or facilities to save everyone that could be saved. It’s the volume of cases that are overwhelming the hospitals. The NHS is at breaking point already.

It’s not the plague. It’s not going to kill everyone. But it’s highly likely to have a brutal impact on everyday life and society in general for a few months. In less than a month it’s likely that we’ll be where Italy are now.

The good old insult and cherry picking for an argument. Good one. I guess your next argument would be calling me a cunt before asking me to 'go back to my country' :)

0/
Out of the countries you mentioned only Iran has a relatively high number of cases. Russia and Syria have reported hardly any cases.

You do understand that European countries are the most infected countries outside of China and SK right?

What makes you think that your are going to be part of the 'rest of us' saved by the vaccine :)

If my “hypothetical question” held any weight, and, you understood its intention, you would know also, that the source of the outbreak is not important; that the current locations of the said - now pandemic, is not the issue; but instead the common global populations acceptance of the reality of, and hysteria about it is what is important.

Were it then indeed to be targeted a genocidal act could indeed be sold to us with few questions asked by the many; as we know, the many are so easily duped.

If my “hypothetical question” held any weight, and, you understood its intention, you would know also, that the source of the outbreak is not important; that the current locations of the said - now pandemic, is not the issue; but instead the common global populations acceptance of the reality of, and hysteria about it is what is important.

Were it then indeed to be targeted a genocidal act could indeed be sold to us with few questions asked by the many; as we know, the many are so easily duped.

I think you’re just incredibly paranoid and ignoring the fact that devastating viruses have emerged regularly for hundreds of years.

This is hitting the global economy. No country is benefiting from this. Are you really so sure that this isn’t a natural outbreak that we can’t control?

Or are you just a contrarian?

The good old insult and cherry picking for an argument. Good one. I guess your next argument would be calling me a cunt before asking me to 'go back to my country' :)

I did actually say that this virus was rather too convenient at a time of war. You do realise that many in a coalition of our political leaders still have a global war agenda based on PNAC? That some of the PNAC targeted countries are yet to be successfully regime changed and that most of us are sick of “ boots on the ground “ warfare, and the prospect of our boys and girls coming home in body bags.

In this twenty first century, warfare won’t resemble 1914-1918 or 1939-1945. In the 21st century it’ll be [us] instead psychologically manipulated using the media.

Hypothetically that is. 😎

Last edited:
Fuck it. If it concerns the safety of people, they can end the season as it is, without any more games played. I don't care.At the end of the day, life is way more important than football.

Jesus fucking christ. Just end the season now. Italy had the balls to do it so why can't England?

Are the dipper loving TV and betting agencies so firmly in control of things that they are above public safety? Are the FA really so arrogant or ignorant as to think it will just be 22 people in a stadium and that is all?

I wonder what the acceptable number of ground staff or stadium staff to contract the virus is before they grow a pair. Perhaps it needs a high profile player? Will Klopp do? FFS. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I'd be curious as to the response if City or even we were runaway league leaders.

The issue as I understand it is the knock-on effects.

It’s highly contagious and whilst it’s the elderly and ill-health that are at risk of dying, it’s severe enough to land a large number of people in hospital.

It will put huge pressure on hospitals, emergency services, and pretty much every business. If large numbers are being hospitalised it’s going to have big consequences for the market, and governments can’t afford to not compensate the sick, otherwise everyone will go into work anyway unless physically impossible.

Reports from Italy essentially say that they don’t have the staff or facilities to save everyone that could be saved. It’s the volume of cases that are overwhelming the hospitals. The NHS is at breaking point already.

It’s not the plague. It’s not going to kill everyone. But it’s highly likely to have a brutal impact on everyday life and society in general for a few months. In less than a month it’s likely that we’ll be where Italy are now.
Excellent summary Jerry.

I think you’re just incredibly paranoid and ignoring the fact that devastating viruses have emerged regularly for hundreds of years.

This is hitting the global economy. No country is benefiting from this. Are you really so sure that this isn’t a natural outbreak that we can’t control?

Or are you just a contrarian?

If a contrarian is one who goes against popular opinion; based on what I know of popular opinion on most issues, I’ve no quarrel with being labelled one.

As I said in an earlier post: we have been blatantly lied to by our politicians, and, the media regarding the events of 911 2001 - provably lied to!

Clearly, and,blatantly the chiefest of the conniving lying conspirators are the collective corporate media; those that should be honestly informing us; lies we expect from politicians, but when the lies come from the “ collective” media, that media can never be trusted again!

It’s not paranoia- it’s a total lack of trust!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom