could the Kroos/modric tactic work for us.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was a shit match (this statement has no time limit)

Anyway I have been watching madrid lately and I think they will be teams trying to emulate this approach of having 2 passmasters who rarely lose possession thus no need for a DM.

Was wondering if you think that would work for us or even the premier league.

I could see Mason as modric and the only other player in the league I can see as kroos is Ki from swansea.

That was a shit match (this statement has no time limit)

Anyway I have been watching madrid lately and I think they will be teams trying to emulate this approach of having 2 passmasters who rarely lose possession thus no need for a DM.

Was wondering if you think that would work for us or even the premier league.

I could see Mason as modric and the only other player in the league I can see as kroos is Ki from swansea.
I think any two players with Benzema in front of them, Ronaldo to one side, Bale to the other, and Ramos and Pepe behind them, is going to look good mate.

Won't work for us, teams with world class players can do things we can't.

e.g. City playing 4 man midfield away from home works because Toure, Silva, Nasri etc have exceptional passing, movement and can 1 touch pass their way around anyone, Aguero often give himself service by picking the ball up anywhere, beating players and he also makes great runs, terrific pace etc.

Madrid have several players who can shoot from distance (Ronaldo, Bale, Isco, James etc) so sitting back against them doesn't work all the time, neither does a high line because of their pace. You have Modric and Kroos distributing to a world class attacking quartet it's not something we can replicate.

At the moment it would help if Capoue was more Sandro and less Huddlestone (or at least both). Not sure why his game has changed like that.

I reckon just passing forward will help us
I hope people don't think this is a joke when you say this. Kaboul and Fazio..... uhhhh, I was yelling at the screen as they either passed the ball to each other or to Lloris. They should never take more than two touches, rarely more than one.

They need two players, not too deep who they can pass to, Mason and one other (I would give Paulinho another chance because of how shit everyone else is).

Mason and (lets say Paulinho) then flick it out to are advanced midfielders, who then release it to either each other or to the striker(s) who then take a shot. It needs to be really quick.

We need to say fuck defending and just score. We have a phenomenal keeper, we all know that. Someone of the size of Fazio should just head it down for the others to either pump to our CMs or pump higher, we don't need full backs, they just reduce the number of players we have higher up the pitch.

Lloris

Dier - Fazio - Vertonghen

Paulinho - Mason

Chadli ------- Soldado ------- Eriksen

Kane - Lamela

I hope people don't think this is a joke when you say this. Kaboul and Fazio..... uhhhh, I was yelling at the screen as they either passed the ball to each other or to Lloris. They should never take more than two touches, rarely more than one.

They need two players, not too deep who they can pass to, Mason and one other (I would give Paulinho another chance because of how shit everyone else is).

Mason and (lets say Paulinho) then flick it out to are advanced midfielders, who then release it to either each other or to the striker(s) who then take a shot. It needs to be really quick.

We need to say fuck defending and just score. We have a phenomenal keeper, we all know that. Someone of the size of Fazio should just head it down for the others to either pump to our CMs or pump higher, we don't need full backs, they just reduce the number of players we have higher up the pitch.

Lloris

Paulinho - Mason

Kane - Lamela

3 at the back? We're dogshit with 4 no way play 5 at the back

Lloris

Paulinho - Mason

Kane - Lamela

I admire your bravery but that team would get raped by anyone who has decent wingers

I think the thing we must do first and foremost is become difficult to play against.
I imagine a lot of teams come to WHL now and think if they can keep it tight at the back they won't have to work too hard to carve out a couple of goalscoring chances for themselves.

I keep thinking back to when Palacios joined us and absolutely smashed Woolwich in one of his earliest games. I remember thinking at the time it was fucking amazing to have a player who was determined to win the ball back and not allow people past him. Of course, it never lasted but I think we need some of that attitude.

Eriksen, Mason, Chadli, Townsend, Lamela, Dembele, - half the time opposition players go past them like they aren't there and we are under pressure quickly.

If you watched the woolwich and swansea game. U could see ki and carroll/britton controlling the midfield with good passes. Woolwich just couldn't get ahold of the ball except from mistake from other areas from the field. They did well enough to not need a dm.

3 at the back? We're dogshit with 4 no way play 5 at the back
Less is better, more of our goals come from our mistakes rather than them cutting through us.
I admire your bravery but that team would get raped by anyone who has decent wingers
Outscore 'em. Their wingers would cross, we clear anything that gets chucked in, more solid in the middle of defence which is where the danger is for us.

Back
Top Bottom