Could we play Defoe and Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't thinks so, too similar. Think they will both get plenty of starts to be honest, but because of his pace Defoe can be more of an impact from the bench.

I don't see why Defoe suddenly deserves league starts - because he scored two goals against a sub par Villa? Both are goals that Soldado would have scored just as well.

OK, I'm advocating Soldado a little strongly but I just think that he offers more. JD has stepped up his game in terms of movement and has shown that he's stronger than he used to be, can be more involved in hold up play etc. But Soldado just looks sharper at present, has better movement and (while it's a clichéd defence, it's true) offers a hell of a lot more than Defoe does other than goals.

Defoe had a great game tonight. What I'm not convinced of is whether it's any better than Soldado would have had.

Defoe did this same thing last year then when he stopped scoring, which is inevitable, people complain about him playing. Defoe is fine for cup games and the occasional prem one, but he's not a striker they'll lead the line for us. Last year showed that.

No, and here's why... JD might have scored a few so far this season, but it's been against opposition that doesn't defend too well. Sides that have given the team quite a bit of space to manouver in, and he's not exactly been brilliant on the whole. He's scored yes, but he's not been the standout player in any of the games he's played in so far.

Give him a start against someone like Villa in the league, or the last of the promoted sides, but not against any of the tophalf/good defensive teams.

I don't see why Defoe suddenly deserves league starts - because he scored two goals against a sub par Villa? Both are goals that Soldado would have scored just as well.

OK, I'm advocating Soldado a little strongly but I just think that he offers more. JD has stepped up his game in terms of movement and has shown that he's stronger than he used to be, can be more involved in hold up play etc. But Soldado just looks sharper at present, has better movement and (while it's a clichéd defence, it's true) offers a hell of a lot more than Defoe does other than goals.

Defoe had a great game tonight. What I'm not convinced of is whether it's any better than Soldado would have had.

Suddenly? You utter, utter C.

You are the intercunt dweller I spoke of the other day....totally clueless...holding up? Our team plays in one quarter of the pitch.....he's hardly going to be isolated.

I have nothing but disdain for you

Back
Top Bottom