Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has the potential to be right up there with the likes of Van Dijk and Ruben Dias in the Premier League.

Yeh although he is a very different defender to Van Dijk. Romero is a front foot defender, VDV is a last man type defender who covers Liverpool’s arse.

Yeh although he is a very different defender to Van Dijk. Romero is a front foot defender, VDV is a last man type defender who covers Liverpool’s arse.

He's closer to Ruben Dias than VVD. But I'd consider those two as the best in the PL. Rudiger has also been great for Chelsea over the last 12 months or so but he's a right whopper.

I love a good Argentine centre-half because they can usually play football. And also have a bit of nastiness about them when needed.

Get the permanent deal done and sorted before other clubs are all over him.

He's closer to Ruben Dias than VVD. But I'd consider those two as the best in the PL. Rudiger has also been great for Chelsea over the last 12 months or so but he's a right whopper.
Fuck Rudiger for you all know what, but yea, Romero has the potential to be up there with those three, and to exceed them all or match VVD- but he needs to show both consistency and class for at least a few seasons, first...

Romero is brilliant. Surprised there were some that doubted him early on.

If we can get two quality CBs next to him we could get back to the Jan/Toby days of having an elite backline.

Fuck Rudiger for you all know what, but yea, Romero has the potential to be up there with those three, and to exceed them all or match VVD- but he needs to show both consistency and class for at least a few seasons, first...

That's why I would always use the word potential for now. Not everyone fulfils their potential. But he's made a wonderful start.

Thug-Life.jpg

Saying that Kane isn't the best player in the world and saying that Son is more important than Kane makes me a Per Mertesacker / Woolwich fan? On a scale of 1-10, how triggered are you?

Don't get me wrong, Romero is class, just not strong in the air.

images

Back
Top Bottom