Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was in one of those gigantic YouTube videos he does but I read it here

I can’t stand his videos. They are about 90% too long. Same with the Irish Hotspur. No one watches 1 to 3 hours of chat.

I use their vids to fall asleep. Monotonous talk about fuck all.

I can’t stand his videos. They are about 90% too long. Same with the Irish Hotspur. No one watches 1 to 3 hours of chat.

I use their vids to fall asleep. Monotonous talk about fuck all.
Yeah he seems like a good bloke and I enjoy what he does but the video podcasts are filled with waffle. Frustrating cause I’d want to watch them if they were 10-15 minutes

Bit shit for all the mugs that got Romero 4 shirts. If this was obvious preference, why say it now? Why not say last season when Moose left that he'll have the 17 shirt next season?

Bit shit for all the mugs that got Romero 4 shirts. If this was obvious preference, why say it now? Why not say last season when Moose left that he'll have the 17 shirt next season?
It was Romero's decision to change his number. Pretty sure I read about another player who agreed to reimburse punters who bought his old number.
Why not Cuti? He left it a bit late to change his number.

The true reason for the No 17 is that it is the number of bodies this fucker has buried. You’ll see. the season after next, he’ll want the number 43. btw, numb 42 was Viera followed shortly by number 43 who was Jesus.

"Gonna need a bigger.... patio."

Cristian Romero has explained his Tottenham shirt number change in South Korea

Romero was the other to change shirt number, perhaps unexpectedly. The defender wore the number four last season, in his first year at Hotspur Way.

During his time at Genoa Primavera, the Argentine wore the number five after his final season at Club Atletico Belgrano, where he wore the number two. For his country, Romero wears 13, but the shirt he has worn most often has been 17.

This is what the 24-year-old will now wear for Tottenham, which was confirmed on Saturday. This came before Antonio Conte and his side made the trip to South Korea, where they will begin their pre-season matches with a fixture against Team K League on Wednesday.

Like the rest of the Spurs squad, the pre-season friendlies will be a great opportunity to impress Conte before the big season. It will also allow the players to help the new arrivals settle in and be in the best shape possible.

The defender took to social media on Sunday to explain the shirt number change.

Romero took a picture of his new shirt and captioned it, "My favourite number came back to me." Footballers often have a number or two that is what they like and want to play in.

For Romero, this is clearly 17, and he will be back to playing with the number on his back that he has been used to for a number of years previously.

Back
Top Bottom