Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

needs to be made captain. will cost £0 and could have a big effect on the side. things like tht can make a big difference, he will enforce standards. he wont allow the team to be soft.

Yeah, this is the right move. Sonny is such a central figure of the team and the club in general so it always made sense for him as captain, but I almost wonder at times if we avoided dropping him or giving him a rest because of it. It's not going to get any better for Son going forward especially with more games next year.

Romero is a captain on the pitch already - great player, great mentality. Would be very awkward for Son and Ange if he did change it up mind you. He may just leave it as it is I reckon.

Romero is a captain on the pitch already - great player, great mentality. Would be very awkward for Son and Ange if he did change it up mind you. He may just leave it as it is I reckon.

People often talk about "captains all over the pitch"; lets just strive for that.

Not striving for anything - to be clear I don't think Son is a proper captain and Romero def is - I just can't see Ange doing it to Son and rocking the boat.
Whether he should or shouldnt is another matter.

Smart thing would be for Sonny to announce that "he's decided" to "step back from the captaincy in order to [insert something plausible here]".

Inevitable although I didn’t like the ‘then we will see what happens’.

Look, he’s fucking good and is at the level where the big boys will be keen.

You get a short career to win things at the top level.

This club either stops pretending to be a big club or we continue losing our best talent to the genuinely big clubs.

New stadium or old stadium, the truth is still the truth.

We need to avoid whack a mole. Everytime we fix one part of the team another crumbles, you can’t win things consistently unless the whole squad is good.

We had an elite attack with Kane, Bale and Son but a shit defence. We now have an elite defence with Porto, Romero, VDV and Udogie but a pretty average attack.

We can’t spend 3 years building a good attack because by then the defence will be average again and we just go round in circles.

ah look the quotes from Romero are starting.

Tbh i knew from months back that he wanted out (please don't ask me how). He definitely wants to leave so please accept that he might be sold.

Was expecting this post :harrylol:

I don't think it's going to be this summer tbh. I don't see anyone paying what Levy would charge this summer. Next summer will be the one if they don't really show any evidence of building anything around him to compete.

ah look the quotes from Romero are starting.

Tbh i knew from months back that he wanted out (please don't ask me how). He definitely wants to leave so please accept that he might be sold.

How?

I really hope you're not pretending to be some sort of "itk" just because you want him gone.

:harrylol:

Was expecting this post :harrylol:

I don't think it's going to be this summer tbh. I don't see anyone paying what Levy would charge this summer. Next summer will be the one if they don't really show any evidence of building anything around him to compete.
It won’t be this Summer.

His contract runs for another three years. I expect we will try to chuck money at him this year and get him to extend.

I suspect he will not, so next Summer the transfer speculation will begin. I still think we have two years of him. Any longer would risk him going on a free.

It won’t be this Summer.

His contract runs for another three years. I expect we will try to chuck money at him this year and get him to extend.

I suspect he will not, so next Summer the transfer speculation will begin. I still think we have two years of him. Any longer would risk him going on a free.

Next summer is 2 years left. Perfect crossroads of peak value and also leverage for the player to refuse signing any new deals.

Honestly, these quotes seem like a friendly reminder from Romero's camp to the club. Don't assume our client will waste his best years at a club where they never seriously try to win things.

Back
Top Bottom