Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of the reason for there being no real competition is that many of the big clubs are strong at CB, made big purchases recently or are broke. Now if he was undoubtedly elite that might not matter but I am not sure it is a major mark against him.

City have Dias, Laporte and Stones, United Varane and Maguire, PSG Ramos, Kimpembe, Marquihnos, Juve Chellini, De Ligt, Bonnucci, Chelsea Silva and going for Kounde.

Barca and Madrid are broke and I don't think he is worth it to them to buy at this point.

I think it was a lucky fit that other teams didn't have the need and he is below the elite level of CB that meant he was a better fit for us than other
So he’s maybe slightly better than what we’ve got already. Got it.

Call me a cynic but having been in this business called life for 26 years now, im just a bit skeptical when a guy is hailed as an immense defender who bossed serie A, and then seemingly signs to Spurs with zero competition from other clubs except Barcelona who he “apparently” turned down. Just isnt adding up for me. Would love to be proven wrong though
You're a cynic.
:adethumbup:

I’ve not watched as much footie as you lot, but I thought he looked calm and measured generally…. Call me naïve, but a drilled defensive unit who’ve played together a few times would have defended the goal I suspect… he’ll become a rock for us
You're naive.

:adethumbup:

Call me a cynic but having been in this business called life for 26 years now, im just a bit skeptical when a guy is hailed as an immense defender who bossed serie A, and then seemingly signs to Spurs with zero competition from other clubs except Barcelona who he “apparently” turned down. Just isnt adding up for me. Would love to be proven wrong though
Probably help if you actually watched football to be fair 👍🏾

Who gives a shit if no other team could sign him or had players in that position. He's our player and if he turns out to be shit we don't need to pay the fee.

Only from reading about him and that game last week (and the obvious nationality bias)... A bit of the Otemendi about him? If that's a good thing or not I don't know.

Looking forward to seeing him play. I wonder will we switch the formation to a back 3 with him in the middle like he was playing with Atalanta. If we do go back 4, I think it will be Tanganga-Sanchez-Romero-Requilon. Very young back 4!

Looking forward to seeing him play. I wonder will we switch the formation to a back 3 with him in the middle like he was playing with Atalanta. If we do go back 4, I think it will be Tanganga-Sanchez-Romero-Requilon. Very young back 4!
Think this is how we will line up as well, Dier is stepping his game up slightly though, which is not a bad thing

Think he’d be better off playing with Dier than Sanchez. Him and Sanchez are both super aggressive CBs, whereas Dier sits back and covers a bit more.

Will be interesting to see how Nuno sees it. I’d love to see us pair him with a ball playing covering CB like Pau Torres or Laporte, but seems like Torres is uninterested in us and we aren’t interested in getting Laporte from City.

Defensively he was abit iffy but I loved that game from him tbh

Shouldn't of had a yellow for that break away and his passing was fantastic, direct and threw the first line of the opposite team

Will start a good few attacks this season

He looks very calm and assured for a 23 year old CB - good game to find his feet at home, no great pressure but every time they did attack he was in the right place - no secret he's a walking yellow card, will need to curb the appearance of aggression without losing his edge. On the few occasions he stepped forward his confidence on the ball was evident - could he play as a DM if needed? probably.

Back
Top Bottom