Dad of a new Spurs fan...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I should say, my approach is that I'm from Denmark, so I've been in your - sort of - situation years ago. That started back in the days prior to internet booking though, so that entailed skipping classes to call the ticket office again and again and again at the exact time they opened sales hoping to get through.

I come over 4-5 in your average season, so I've had a fair bit of experience with the online ticketing as well. A few pieces of advice beyond the stuff mentioned. Once we move in to NWHL, I'd suggest to have made a decision on where, down to the section, you'd prefer before needing to go to book, so you can reserve the seats as quickly as possible. Also, if you have the opportunity, do go ahead and have a test run on another match, before the first one, you'd actually like to book. To get a feel for how quick you've gotta act, where you're needing to click etc.
Thanks. All good counsel.

With New White Hart Lane hopefully there will be better availability with more regulars converting to season tickets, but as a member I did manage to get to most of the games I wanted when we were at the old ground, with the exception of Champions League and big London Derbies. Even with limited capacities Wembley is remarkably easy for tickets and I think the new ground, especially for the first games, is going to be tougher on getting tickets.

As everyone has said (and you have done) getting a member network set up helps, the more people on that the more buying options you have, so you might want to convert a few more of your family!

It's all about the dates & on the bigger fixtures time, if you can be on there at the time of sale you have much better chance of getting the ticket you want in terms of location or price. Be prepared to be put in a ticketmaster holding pattern and crossing your fingers occasionally but with a bit of planning you should be able to get to the games you want.

Finally congratulations for raising a son with excellent taste!
Thanks that’s reassuring. And will follow your advice. I reckon he takes after his dad....

Something like that. But i think we also have to make 'up to' 5k available to the local community (like West Ham) Not 100% sure how that works in reality.

Cheers fellas.

If the 5k for community comes out of the 9k for members, bringing it to 4k (if the community does take 5k tickets) sounds like an awfully small number.

What was the number for members at WHL, do you know?

I wasn't under the assumption the local. Community where entitled to. Any favorable ticket advantages... I thought this was a fully private investment.. Of course there's goodwill gesture towards Mr lammy and his merry council cohorts but 5k per game put aside .. Errrrr no.?

Sorry to go slightly off topic.

Back
Top Bottom