Daniel Levy End of Season Message

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/chairman-message-19052013.page?

Picked this out...

Financial Fair Play (FFP) will hopefully see all clubs follow the kind of financial discipline we have followed as we run our Club on a sound financial basis without the benefit of a larger stadium. Short term cost control measures which limit the amount of increased broadcasting revenues clubs can spend to £4m per season and a requirement to break even will have an impact on clubs across Europe.

Is this him telling us we are going to spend fuck all in the summer?

:levyeyes:

Key word being hopefully. FFP will not work as I doubt it'll ever happen plus how can it help if some teams already have an advantage now ? They've spent crazy sums of money already.

The quote does seem to pre warn us that it's sell to buy.

I don't quite understand where the £4m is coming from. I think he's saying that that's all that clubs can expect in added revenue based on the new TV deal? In which case it doesn't really change much of anything.

As always, as long as money coming in, be it from merch or your island resort in the Emirates, is greater than money going out, clubs will still be able to spend the moon on players they want.

I don't quite understand where the £4m is coming from. I think he's saying that that's all that clubs can expect in added revenue based on the new TV deal? In which case it doesn't really change much of anything.

Yup not sure about that bit.

I'm not sure, but maybe it's this -

From the 2013/14 season, Premier League clubs will not be able to make a total loss
of more than £105m across a t hree‑ year period (this limit is significantly higher than
the €45m (£38m) figure in the UEFA Regulations);
In the same period, Premier League clubs will be restricted from using increased
Central Fund revenues to increase current player salaries by an accumulative £4m
per season (i.e. £4m in season 2013/14, £8m in season 2014/15 and £12m in season 2015/16).
This restriction will only apply to clubs with a total wage bill in excess of
£52m in season 2013/14, £56m in season 2014/15 and £60m in season 2015/16. In
addition, this restriction can be circumvented if a team is able to demonstrate that
the increased salaries have been accounted for using commercial revenues other
than Central Funds;

this restriction can be circumvented if a team is able to demonstrate that the increased salaries have been accounted for using commercial revenues other
than Central Funds;
Like I said,
as long as money coming in, be it from merch or your island resort in the Emirates, is greater than money going out, clubs will still be able to spend the moon on players they want.
So I'm not sure Levy is telling us much other than that Spurs should not be too bothered by FFP since they've been playing an FFPish model for years already.

Is this him telling us we are going to spend fuck all in the summer?

:levyeyes:

I must admit, if we read it like that, it's a bit of a concern that AVB and Levy will have a conflict of interests this summer. I mean, that's normal enough, but you know, with AVB saying we should sign players early, we have to add to the squad, etc...

I must admit, if we read it like that, it's a bit of a concern that AVB and Levy will have a conflict of interests this summer. I mean, that's normal enough, but you know, with AVB saying we should sign players early, we have to add to the squad, etc...

It could be that we are all just reading too much into it and he is just having a dig at clubs whores like City and Chelsea and their small dicked (they must be compensating for something) owners.

Back
Top Bottom