Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My opinion is that Levy has made some big mistakes cough*stratford*cough, however, we are probably the best run club in the Premier League and who would we replace him with if he did go. Would we be comfortable with a multi billionaire fuel boss and turn in to the likes of Chelski? Or have someone that splashes money they dont have and put the club at financial risk?

My opinion is that Levy has made some big mistakes cough*stratford*cough, however, we are probably the best run club in the Premier League and who would we replace him with if he did go. Would we be comfortable with a multi billionaire fuel boss and turn in to the likes of Chelski? Or have someone that splashes money they dont have and put the club at financial risk?
Agree a million percent that we are well run. Would only put Swansea ahead of us in those terms.

images

I would be very comfortable for us to turn into Spurski or Abdu El Tottenham, if that started bringing in trophies and football like City play, for example.

I think the best run club in the Prem is City, their owners pump untold millions into them, and seem to have found a manager who wants to play good, successful football.

I don't think we're particularly well-run, slightly above average for what you'd expect from a club of our stature I'd say. And each month that passes without another trophy or the first 'stadium brick' being laid, that reputation slips a little more.

I would be very comfortable for us to turn into Spurski or Abdu El Tottenham, if that started bringing in trophies and football like City play, for example.

I think the best run club in the Prem is City, their owners pump untold millions into them, and seem to have found a manager who wants to play good, successful football.

I don't think we're particularly well-run, slightly above average for what you'd expect from a club of our stature I'd say. And each month that passes without another trophy or the first 'stadium brick' being laid, that reputation slips a little more.

The best run club in the world is Bayern Munchen

Bayern Munich have told their supporters they will subsidise the £62 tickets at Arse.. by putting £74,350 towards the cost.

The European champions said in a statement that they realised the match would make "a big dent in supporters' wallets" and wanted the gesture to be "a small thank you for the great support of followers" in 2013, a year in which the club won the Bundesliga, German Cup, Super Cup, World Club Championship and Champions League.

Bayern have made the 2,974 tickets available at £37 despite having had 18,000 supporters apply for the full-price tickets for the first leg of the Champions League last-16 tie at the Emirates on 19 February.

"Both in the past, as well as in the current season, Bayern have thrilled the world of European football not only by the outstanding performance and consistency of our team, but also by the fantastic and vocal support of our fans, with the Uefa Champions League

final on 25 May 2013 in London and the Uefa Super Cup final on 30 August 2013 living long in the memory," said a statement.

"Of particular note is the fact that a large number of Bayern fans not only go to the big occasions, but also attend every away game: and this loyalty means attending a high number of games, which makes a big dent in supporters' wallets.

"Bayern have therefore decided to subsidise the tickets for the away game at Woolwich with nearly €90,000.. Thus meaning every Bayern fan who buys a ticket for the game on 19/02/2014 in London, will pay only €45 (instead of the regular €75). This is intended to represent a small thank you for the great support of the followers in the past calendar year 2013."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/09/bayern-munich-subsidise-Woolwich-ticket-cost

The best run club in the world is Bayern Munchen

Bayern Munich have told their supporters they will subsidise the £62 tickets at Arse.. by putting £74,350 towards the cost.

The European champions said in a statement that they realised the match would make "a big dent in supporters' wallets" and wanted the gesture to be "a small thank you for the great support of followers" in 2013, a year in which the club won the Bundesliga, German Cup, Super Cup, World Club Championship and Champions League.

Bayern have made the 2,974 tickets available at £37 despite having had 18,000 supporters apply for the full-price tickets for the first leg of the Champions League last-16 tie at the Emirates on 19 February.

"Both in the past, as well as in the current season, Bayern have thrilled the world of European football not only by the outstanding performance and consistency of our team, but also by the fantastic and vocal support of our fans, with the Uefa Champions League

final on 25 May 2013 in London and the Uefa Super Cup final on 30 August 2013 living long in the memory," said a statement.

"Of particular note is the fact that a large number of Bayern fans not only go to the big occasions, but also attend every away game: and this loyalty means attending a high number of games, which makes a big dent in supporters' wallets.

"Bayern have therefore decided to subsidise the tickets for the away game at Woolwich with nearly €90,000.. Thus meaning every Bayern fan who buys a ticket for the game on 19/02/2014 in London, will pay only €45 (instead of the regular €75). This is intended to represent a small thank you for the great support of the followers in the past calendar year 2013."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/09/bayern-munich-subsidise-Woolwich-ticket-cost
And City are one of the worst.

I see your point as football is a sport and we should be winning trophies and producing positive, flowing football. I would love to see this too.

I guess though that I would prefer to see us get there under a chairman such as levy who we know isn't a bottomless pit and would need to spend in a much smarter way. By the way I'm not saying whether he has or hasn't it's just what I would like to see. Knowing that we've worked hard and haven't just been pumping untold amounts into transfers every window. However, looking at modern football, I can't say whether or not this would be possible and a valid argument would suggest so far this hasn't worked for us. I just think that this man receives untold criticism for trying to keep us in a good financial position.

I just don't want us to be in a position where our club is in millions of debt.

Nothing but a reach-around publicity stunt from one of the Top 3 richest clubs in the world and one which made millions last year from all their wins. Fair dos - they didn't have to do it, I guess

And when the sugar daddy moves on and leaves us in financial ruin?

I understand your list for trophies and success - but not at the cost of our high status in English and world football, or even possible existence!

It's just not worth it for me.

We are yet to see Abramovich, Sheikh, Glazers walk away, but I will be interested to see what happens when they do. I just hope that they fall from grace and we see them slip down the leagues and pay for their unwarranted and unearned success (not including Utd in that last bit).

@ ArcspacE ArcspacE Read this

They're now just 90 minutes away from ending their 12-year wait for the Champions League, have already been crowned Bundesliga champions by a resounding margin and could complete the Treble when they take on Stuttgart in the German Cup final in June.

And it seems Bayern Munich - by popular opinion the best team in Europe right now - can do little wrong off the pitch either.

The Bavarian giants have some of the cheapest season tickets anywhere in the world, with an adult one in the standing section at the Allianz Arena costing just £104.

article-2318209-1993E033000005DC-445_634x422.jpg

Refreshing change: The attitude of Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness on ticket pricing represents a stark contrast to the English Premier League. Hoeness sets the lowest Allianz Arena season ticket at just £104

article-2318209-19943051000005DC-467_634x421.jpg

Treble chance: Bayern certainly represent good value for money this season - they've already secured the Bundesliga and are 90 minutes away from triumphs in the Champions League and German Cup

By contrast, the cheapest one at Woolwich will set you back £985 and Liverpool £725. Even the least expensive in the Premier League for the 2012-2013 season - at Wigan - is £255.

But while it's well-known that the Bundesliga has some of the cheapest seats in world football, it's their philosophy towards pricing that is so refreshing.

Bayern's brilliance in setting up an all-German final with Borussia Dortmund has been marked not with eulogies about their style of play, but a quote from president Uli Hoeness on looking after the fans that has gone viral on social media.

article-2318209-197534FA000005DC-672_634x522.jpg

Fervent: Bayern Munich players celebrate with the fans after beating Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final

In the soundbite, from last year, he says: 'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'

article-2318209-00F49DEF00000578-214_634x423.jpg

Full house: Low prices mean the 71,000-capacity Allianz Arena is always sold out for Bayern games

Given their exciting brand of football and the regular success it brings, Bayern would have every right to charge a premium rate, yet their prices are among the lowest in the division.

Unfortunately, Hoeness now has other things to worry about after suggestions of tax evasion came to light last month, but he won't budge on Bayern's pricing strategy.

The most expensive for 2012-2013, in excellent seats overlooking the half-way line, come in a shade under £550 for the season.

Disabled fans, meanwhile, can watch their team all season at the Allianz Arena for just £67.

article-2318209-197795FE000005DC-926_634x416.jpg

Bargain: Borussia Dortmund fans can watch their side, one of the most exciting in Europe, for as little as £250 a season

Indeed, the most expensive season ticket in the entire division comes in at £823 - and for that you get to watch Jurgen Klopp's European finalists Borussia Dortmund from the best seats in the Westfalenstadion.

Members' benefits at Bayern also outstrip those available at Premier League sides. Adults pay around £50, 18-25-year-olds £33 and concessions £25 each year.

For this, they get priority when booking tickets for home and away matches, with a small discount on the ticket price, and a subscription to the matchday programme.

With the ticket discount, the cost of watching the prospective European champions can be less than a tenner.

Little wonder everybody is talking about how German football got it spectacularly right. Are you watching, Premier League?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tting-Premier-League-shame.html#ixzz2pzjyHsJv

What?

It all depends what you want from us. If you are a person who is happy for us to finish 6th or 7th (as this season will be), not win any cups, lose our best players now and again, but is not run by a rich arab and is financially ok...then we are a well run club.

If you are a person who is fed up that the scum always finishes above us, we change our manager every few years and havent won fuck all for years.....then we are not a well run club.

It all depends what you want from us. If you are a person who is happy for us to finish 6th or 7th (as this season will be), not win any cups, lose our best players now and again, but is not run by a rich arab and is financially ok...then we are a well run club.

If you are a person who is fed up that the scum always finishes above us, we change our manager every few years and havent won fuck all for years.....then we are not a well run club.

The game is about glory

The thing is, they are generally well run as well - or certainly financially sustainable. So we should be able to compete with them on a more even keel than we have done for the last 20 years. That is where it comes down to the managerial decisions, players bought etc - not the board.

I'm pretty sure most teams have gone through periods of changing mangers every couple of season in their entire history, i guess it's about trying to find the best manager long term and short term for your club(which I thought would be AVB but oh well) teams go through periods where they are successful with one manager for a long period of time. Bill Nic comes to mind... Although times have changed

Back
Top Bottom