Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players brought in this summer, 2022/23 and 2021/22

GK -Vicario/Forster
RB - Porro/Royal
CB - Romero/Van de Ven/Phillips
LB - Udogie
CM1 - Bissouma, Skipp (return from Norwich loan)
CM2 - Sarr/Bentancur
CM3 - Maddison
RW - Kulusevski/Johnson
LW - Perisic/Solomon/Gil
CF - Richarlison (Veliz)

Almost a full squad of players (20 players) bought in 3 years, with a number of them looking very good so far this season. Add in a couple of players here bought more than 3 years ago, such as Son and squad looks even better

And for the most part they are young so likely to improve (and likes of Udogie is scarily looking one of best LB's in PL already, still only aged 20). But even the older ones such as Maddison, Bentancur and Vicario are just getting into their prime and looking top players,

One more decent transfer window next summer (similar to this summer is fine) to bring in 4-6 players and we have a full relatively young squad and another CB this January of course.

So I think Levy/Spurs get a pass on the squad despite losing one of our best ever players and top goalscorer Kane (something we've feared for a couple of years) going into Fans Forum.

Players brought in this summer, 2022/23 and 2021/22

GK -Vicario/Forster
RB - Porro/Royal
CB - Romero/Van de Ven/Phillips
LB - Udogie
CM1 - Bissouma, Skipp (return from Norwich loan)
CM2 - Sarr/Bentancur
CM3 - Maddison
RW - Kulusevski/Johnson
LW - Perisic/Solomon/Gil
CF - Richarlison (Veliz)

Almost a full squad of players (20 players) bought in 3 years, with a number of them looking very good so far this season. Add in a couple of players here bought more than 3 years ago, such as Son and squad looks even better

And for the most part they are young so likely to improve (and likes of Udogie is scarily looking one of best LB's in PL already, still only aged 20). But even the older ones such as Maddison, Bentancur and Vicario are just getting into their prime and looking top players,

One more decent transfer window next summer (similar to this summer is fine) to bring in 4-6 players and we have a full relatively young squad and another CB this January of course.

So I think Levy/Spurs get a pass on the squad despite losing one of our best ever players and top goalscorer Kane (something we've feared for a couple of years) going into Fans Forum.
Pass for Levy? :levylol:

LMAO

Pass for Levy? :levylol:

LMAO
Will not get a pass from me for successive cup defeats by teams we should beat, Forest, Sheff Utd and Fulham. Out of Europe. We have made a good start in the PL but that is only 4 matches. It is much too early and that cannot overshadow failures of recent years And selling our best player.
One question I would certainly want the answer to is the priority to be given to the FA Cup this season. He would try and brush team selection as down to the Manager but he sets the tone and incentives. Give Ange the incentive to put out a strong team and let’s get this failure to win a trophy off our backs.

I’ve said this time and time again, Levy and co has always said his plan was to make the club self sustained. He has never promised masses of investment and il be honest you have to respect him for that. I was a supporter of his up until post Poch. The shambles of appointments since then has been border line criminal. As has been said he has had ups and downs but over all he has been a beneficial appointment over his time in charge.

I noticed there were no 'Levy/ENIC out' protests opposite the ground on Saturday....

Have they moved elsewhere, been moved on, or just given up...?

Was hoping to see My Cousin(!) The Rabbi in amongst it, but there was not so much as a purple or gold balloon to be seen...

Don't tell me the FEELGOOD FACTOR is back?!

Can't be arsed to read it, summarise if for me please

Despite the headline, the author says that whether the board get the culture is 'debateable'.

Makes shit up like

"Enic’s ownership appeared to be plunged into uncertainty in July when its founder, British billionaire Joe Lewis, was arrested in the US on charges of “orchestrating a brazen insider trading scheme”.

Laments our going out of the league cup without discussing Anges team selection.

Basically one man's opinion, full of hyperbole and nonsensical strawman arguments

Last edited:
"Bald man bad"

The End.

This is the biggest load of nonsense.

"So we’ve got these Tottenham legends, people like Pat Jennings, Martin Chivers, Gary Mabbutt. And whilst they are still working for the club in one capacity or another, they have been marginalised, to people like Jermaine Defoe and Michael Dawson.

“Why? Because of youth, and because I think Daniel Levy still, after all this time, does not really appreciate the culture of Tottenham."

Some nonsense, but didn’t think it was that bad.

Until I got to the Brian Clough bit where we found out the secret of their European Cup wins. Beating Orient in the Anglo Scottish cup.

Despite the headline, the author says that whether the board get the culture is 'debateable'.

Makes shit up like

"Enic’s ownership appeared to be plunged into uncertainty in July when its founder, British billionaire Joe Lewis, was arrested in the US on charges of “orchestrating a brazen insider trading scheme”.

Laments our going out of the league cup without discussing Anges team selection.

Basically one man's opinion, full of hyperbole and nonsensical strawman arguments

ENIC thread in a load of paragraphs basically.

Might read it when I'm taking a shit or something.

Fantastic article
A few great bullet points that really stand out for those pushed for time to read it through...

ENIC have turned Spurs in to one of sports FINANCIAL powerhouses ..........while on field success has gleaned just one league cup...and that was 15 years ago

(Who remembers Levy's interview where he admitted he and Lewis have little interest in football, and only got involved to make money ;))

This next bit is telling...I like this bit very much

From the start of the 80's, they went to Wembley 7 times!...They won the FA CUP a couple of times.....They won the LEAGUE CUP.......They won the UEFA CUP (EUROPA LEAGUE)........They were a successful team

This bit is poignant, but true.

They have been too quick to cut ties with figures from their MORE GLORIOUS PAST. .(love that)

A common accusation that I have levelled in the past and is well backed up here

They are more concerned with balance sheets than league tables

and....

Their reticence to comit to big transfer fees despite being the most profitable club in the Premier League era

This next bit wonderfully supports what I and John have been saying for years

I think their definition is not of a football club, but of a sporting empire, of which they want an NFL FRANCHISE TO BE AT THE HEART OF IT

Lest nobody forget the words of Daniel Levy's very own head of marketing that brilliantly backs this up

"first and foremost, it is an NFL stadium. From the very start, it has been designed with NFL in mind with the goal of landing a permanent NFL franchise in London "

Overall , a great article that hammers many a nail on the head.

Airfixx Airfixx , thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom