Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite the headline, the author says that whether the board get the culture is 'debateable'.

Makes shit up like

"Enic’s ownership appeared to be plunged into uncertainty in July when its founder, British billionaire Joe Lewis, was arrested in the US on charges of “orchestrating a brazen insider trading scheme”.

Laments our going out of the league cup without discussing Anges team selection.

Basically one man's opinion, full of hyperbole and nonsensical strawman arguments
I take it you wouldn't be overjoyed if you got his book as an Xmas present?

Just read it, absolute pile of wank, one of the worst articles I've ever read in living memory, feels like I just contracted covid again reading that shit.

A few great bullet points that really stand out for those pushed for time to read it through...

ENIC have turned Spurs in to one of sports FINANCIAL powerhouses ..........while on field success has gleaned just one league cup...and that was 15 years ago

(Who remembers Levy's interview where he admitted he and Lewis have little interest in football, and only got involved to make money ;))

This next bit is telling...I like this bit very much

From the start of the 80's, they went to Wembley 7 times!...They won the FA CUP a couple of times.....They won the LEAGUE CUP.......They won the UEFA CUP (EUROPA LEAGUE)........They were a successful team

This bit is poignant, but true.

They have been too quick to cut ties with figures from their MORE GLORIOUS PAST. .(love that)

A common accusation that I have levelled in the past and is well backed up here

They are more concerned with balance sheets than league tables

and....

Their reticence to comit to big transfer fees despite being the most profitable club in the Premier League era

This next bit wonderfully supports what I and John have been saying for years

I think their definition is not of a football club, but of a sporting empire, of which they want an NFL FRANCHISE TO BE AT THE HEART OF IT

Lest nobody forget the words of Daniel Levy's very own head of marketing that brilliantly backs this up

"first and foremost, it is an NFL stadium. From the very start, it has been designed with NFL in mind with the goal of landing a permanent NFL franchise in London "

Overall , a great article that hammers many a nail on the head.

Airfixx Airfixx , thoughts?
Didn't that statement about it being an NFL stadium get poo pooed by the apologists.
I remember it being said,but can't remember by whom, it certainly is more than believable that, spurs are the main sitting tennant for now.
Maybe the culling of ex legends, is because they don't want to surrounded by success or reminded of what they can't deliver.
In another couple of seasons Ange will be another victim of Levy, and his reluctance to take this once great club forward.
In the meantime, just enjoy some good football whilst it lasts.

Didn't that statement about it being an NFL stadium get poo pooed by the apologists.
I remember it being said,but can't remember by whom, it certainly is more than believable that, spurs are the main sitting tennant for now.
Maybe the culling of ex legends, is because they don't want to surrounded by success or reminded of what they can't deliver.
In another couple of seasons Ange will be another victim of Levy, and his reluctance to take this once great club forward.
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Here you go mate. It was Tottenham Hotspur's very own head of business development.

'Anchor Tennants' was the phrase of choice

Cut and dried. Black and white. Straight to the point

Tottenham’s new stadium to offer NFL a ‘permanent home’ in London - SportsPro

Oh wow, people are STILL confused by the term 'anchor tenant'? Despite it being explained on many occasions by many different posters! 🤦‍♂️
What cull?
Really?
Yet still, you moan!!

Do you have a blow up doll of Mr Levy?
Defend Defend Defend...absolutely fucking deluded

I'm a Bald Levy, I can just look in the mirror.

There is plenty to say about ENIC without imbeslishing and hyperbolising.

I get it's an opinion piece, but when one is writing about, and basing opinions only taking into account the things that fit thier narrative, it renders the whole point they are trying to make irrelevant.

We without question veered away from the 'Spurs culture' with the last few appointments but I personally don't see the point in this fairly poorly written hit piece at a time when the club needs to be pulling together and focusing on the things going right.

I'm all in for Ange, I'm all in for the squad we are building and I'm tired of so called Spurs fans moaning.

What cull?
Oh come on, there's definitely a cull.

Why do you think that there's, literally, ZERO of the 1901, 1921 and 1951 teams are at the stadium anymore ?

It's Levy putting youth and money ahead of the history of the club.

At least that's the only reason I can think of.
:sonhmm:

Last edited:
Oh wow, people are STILL confused by the term 'anchor tenant'? Despite it being explained on many occasions by many different posters! 🤦‍♂️

What cull?

Really?

Yet still, you moan!!
Wow you have trouble understanding the the statement, it says built with NFL in mind, not football.
You are being had over sunshine, you can't see what is happening to the club.
THFC as we knew it has gone, we are just a small part of something bigger.
If you are happy with that good for you 👍

What cull?

Really?

Yet still, you moan!!
The stadium was built "with NFL in mind"
It was built with the dual purpose of being the home of THFC and a home for hosting NFL games.

It could even be argued that the aim of building the stadium was to attract a permanent NFL team.

But.....

When in the design phase, every football ground in Europe was looked at and the best features were incorporated into the new stadium.
Hence we have a Dortmund style "wall".
Acoustics were also taken into account to enhance the singing and chanting that takes place at THFC games

At every phase, design, planning and building , to build a football stadium that would be the best in the world,was the main aim.

It is a football stadium.
It is a NFL stadium.
The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Only the most hard of thinking believe that it was built solely and purely to host NFL games, or to marginalise THFC.
It's simply yet another false narrative to use as a stick to beat Levy with.

The stadium was built "with NFL in mind"
It was built with the dual purpose of being the home of THFC and a home for hosting NFL games.

It could even be argued that the aim of building the stadium was to attract a permanent NFL team.

But.....

When in the design phase, every football ground in Europe was looked at and the best features were incorporated into the new stadium.
Hence we have a Dortmund style "wall".
Acoustics were also taken into account to enhance the singing and chanting that takes place at THFC games

At every phase, design, planning and building , to build a football stadium that would be the best in the world,was the main aim.

It is a football stadium.
It is a NFL stadium.
The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Only the most hard of thinking believe that it was built solely and purely to host NFL games, or to marginalise THFC.
It's simply yet another false narrative to use as a stick to beat Levy with.
It was also built with food and beverage in mind. The less idiotic among us know that was so the fans could enjoy a bite to eat and a drink at the match. The more idiotic (who think that we have an NFL stadium), would stretch their lack of logic to think we were opening a pub, that just happens to have a football team playing in it.

I’m sure we had lots of things “in mind” when building the stadium:

Club shop - it’s a football stadium with a shop in it, not a shop with a football stadium in it.
Conference facilities - it’s a football stadium with conference facilities, not a conference hall with a football stadium in it.

How many of these should I list before the penny drops for the slow minded?

It was also built with food and beverage in mind. The less idiotic among us know that was so the fans could enjoy a bite to eat and a drink at the match. The more idiotic (who think that we have an NFL stadium), would stretch their lack of logic to think we were opening a pub, that just happens to have a football team playing in it.

Club shop - it’s a football stadium with a shop in it, not a shop with a football stadium in it.
Conference facilities - it’s a football stadium with conference facilities, not a conference hall with a football stadium in it.

A football stadium that hosts concerts.

Not a concert venue that hosts football

I wouldn't say slow-minded.... just single-minded.

The amount of time and effort people try linking anything to attack the board with - it's obsessive and unhealthy.

I'm a Bald Levy, I can just look in the mirror.

There is plenty to say about ENIC without imbeslishing and hyperbolising.

I get it's an opinion piece, but when one is writing about, and basing opinions only taking into account the things that fit thier narrative, it renders the whole point they are trying to make irrelevant.

We without question veered away from the 'Spurs culture' with the last few appointments but I personally don't see the point in this fairly poorly written hit piece at a time when the club needs to be pulling together and focusing on the things going right.

I'm all in for Ange, I'm all in for the squad we are building and I'm tired of so called Spurs fans moaning.
Not that we've got much to moan about.
Only 23 years of rinsing the fans, loads of false promises, highest ticket prices and for what- zero silverware and over the last 5 years boring football.
He always leaves the squad short or with inadequate players for the system.
Why is Eric Dier still at spurs? He should have been replaced 3 seasons ago

I wouldn't say slow-minded.... just single-minded.

The amount of time and effort people try linking anything to attack the board with - it's obsessive and unhealthy.
I don’t think there’s any doubt there are several on here that are slow witted. I used to believe there was a bit of trolling behind the rampant stupidity, but it’s been going on so long, I now believe it can’t be trolling, or they’d have got bored by now.

Wow you have trouble understanding the the statement, it says built with NFL in mind, not football.
You are being had over sunshine, you can't see what is happening to the club.
THFC as we knew it has gone, we are just a small part of something bigger.
If you are happy with that good for you 👍
Fuck me, you're dense.

Back
Top Bottom