Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi chaps, I've been addicted to the drivel on here for years and Danny Rose has forced me to finally sign up this morning.
He's a little twat.
Nothing he says is untrue, in the current market he is underpaid and so are many of the squad. The fact that he's said it now is what makes him a dickhead.
What I don't get is that surely he's aware that this time next year we'll be moving into the best stadium set-up in Europe with match-day revenues for the club that'll surely be 5x more than now at some stage. Club revenue generally will surely go up considerably too. He's part of a 'team project' that seemingly most are buying into and understand but he' can't just suck it up and get on with it for 18 more months. That in my book makes him a whining little prat, sitting there bitching away to the Sun... pathetic. Sell and get Shaw/Sessegnon/Chilwell/other in.
Regardless of the above, we should still sign 2-3 players this window, Poch deserves it and Levy should deliver.

LowNetSpend welcome and watch out. This place becomes addictive

Hi chaps, I've been addicted to the drivel on here for years and Danny Rose has forced me to finally sign up this morning.
He's a little twat.
Nothing he says is untrue, in the current market he is underpaid and so are many of the squad. The fact that he's said it now is what makes him a dickhead.
What I don't get is that surely he's aware that this time next year we'll be moving into the best stadium set-up in Europe with match-day revenues for the club that'll surely be 5x more than now at some stage. Club revenue generally will surely go up considerably too. He's part of a 'team project' that seemingly most are buying into and understand but he' can't just suck it up and get on with it for 18 more months. That in my book makes him a whining little prat, sitting there bitching away to the Sun... pathetic. Sell and get Shaw/Sessegnon/Chilwell/other in.
Regardless of the above, we should still sign 2-3 players this window, Poch deserves it and Levy should deliver.

£60m plus Shaw and get Sessegnon to develop. 3 days before our season starts :(

Perfectly understandable he wants more money. I personally think (along with more than likely a majority of fans) that most of our squad do deserve more than they get.... The hardest thing to take about all of this, is the constant shite of got from my non-Spurs mates recently about 'if you don't start paying higher wages, players will jump ship and look elsewhere'... and now they're all piping up telling me how that is coming true... Using The Sun as well is a classless act.. :roseunsure:

There is something very, very wrong about Shaw. Don't get me wrong, when he was at Southampton he was fantastic, achieved a lot at a very, very young age. But upon earning a contract of a lifetime at Manure (£30m, still sound massive even in todays market and on just under £90k pw!!) he rocked up at Utd's training centre nearly 2 stone over weight!! He has now under his 3rd manager following his move and every single one of them have come out and slated is fitness, this is not a fluke, something is very wrong. Then last year he was called up into the England squad, despite hardly any minutes of club football, he pulled himself out of the squad in order to focus on the Man derby, leaving England in the shit and with only one LB (Rose), who had to play three games on the spin, getting injured in the 3rd. Manure have been trying to offload him for ages now, why? Because something just isn't right.

Last edited:
There is something very, very wrong about Shaw. Don't get me wrong, when he was at Southampton he was fantastic, achieved a lot at a very, very young age. But upon earning a contract of a lifetime at Manure (£30m, still sound massive even in todays market and on just under £90k pw!!) he rocked up at Utd's training centre nearly 2 stone over weight!! He has now under his 3rd manager following his move and even single one of them have come out and slated is fitness, this is not a fluke, something is very wrong. Then last year he was called up into the England squad, despite hardly any minutes of club football, he pulled himself out of the squad in order to focus on the Man derby, leaving England in the shit and with only one LB (Rose), who had to play three games on the spin, getting injured in the 3rd. Manure have been trying to offload him to ages now, why? Because something just isn't right.

Agree with everything.

However, Poch had him playing unbelievably. If anyone could refocus his head and get him playing to that level again it would be our manager.

Perfectly understandable he wants more money. I personally think (along with more than likely a majority of fans) that most of our squad do deserve more than they get.... The hardest thing to take about all of this, is the constant shite of got from my non-Spurs mates recently about 'if you don't start paying higher wages, players will jump ship and look elsewhere'... and now they're all piping up telling me how that is coming true... Using The Sun as well is a classless act.. :roseunsure:
The reason why we are building the stadium is to generate more money so that we can pay higher wages. The is no other reason for it being built. It's not built yet, therefore we can't pay those wages.

The reason why we are building the stadium is to generate more money so that we can pay higher wages. The is no other reason for it being built. It's not built yet, therefore we can't pay those wages.

Yeah I know, that's understandable! And I am 100% on your side with that, and I don't see how players like Danny Rose don't see it.. It's exciting times at Tottenham at the minute, with the new stadium, us challenging at the top of the table and in Champions League.. The money will come for them, it's just whether they want to be a part of the project and wait for the financial rewards! Just a bit gutted it seems they care too much about the money right now as opposed to the history they could be creating at Tottenham.

That the manager is magic? And can relaunch your career if it stagnated because you thought the grass was greener?
But Walker wanted out and he told him your time was done, now he does a 180 degree turn around, looks weak.

BTW just being reported that Tottenham didn't give permission for the interview, so he's gone against the wishes of your club.

Would be interesting to know at what stage of the summer the interview took place and if Poch knew about it. Would hope to think he had the balls to tell Poch before hand that he had gone and done this. Just cant believe him and his agent would think this is the right way to go about this, hes clearly edging for a bigger wage or a transfer so theres no reason he cant go to the chairman and say I want x amount of money or I want to leave. We've already shown this window if you don't want to be here you can leave. I see no way back for him after this unless he is to issue a public apology.

Back
Top Bottom