Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gotta admit the prospect of swapping Rose for Shaw and a pile of cash, Poch working his magic, and England lining up this summer with Trippier and Shaw as fullback was giving me a hard on.

If Poch is happy, I'm happy. But I agree our scouts probably have LB on the positions they're prioritised on watching this season now.

Why should he apologise? he is just letting us know what we all suspected (well all of us who know anything about Spurs and football in general).

That unless we are willing to change our attitude to financing the club we will never succeed because:

We will never attract world class players;
Our best players will be tempted by better offers;
We are happy to sell to our rivals.

Its out there now and once it is universally accepted we can try and find a solution.

Levy should be apologising to us....not Rose.

You got boring 4 years ago

Why should he apologise? he is just letting us know what we all suspected (well all of us who know anything about Spurs and football in general).

That unless we are willing to change our attitude to financing the club we will never succeed because:

We will never attract world class players;
Our best players will be tempted by better offers;
We are happy to sell to our rivals.

Its out there now and once it is universally accepted we can try and find a solution.

Levy should be apologising to us....not Rose.
The fact that some people are siding with Rose and not the club and blaming Levy shows that you are truly, objectively, and beyond a shadow of a doubt 100% Grade-A cunts.

I'm not talking about people that want signings, or are concerned about depth - these are reasonable requests and I can understand the frustration! I don't even think Rose should be tarred and feathered like most of the board, but his actions were incredibly selfish and counterproductive.

But no, this is all Levy's fault, right?

Fuck off. Fuck off forever.

:dembelefingers::pochbye:

I definitely agree that the wages need sorting.. I think we should use the Walker money to up the rest of the squads wages to bring them in line with A) what they deserve and B) Close to what they could get elsewhere.

Or as you say, there could be an exodus in the near future.
I think Levy will sort out the wage structure after the stadium is done - too much risk this summer, but next summer I feel like players will be rewarded and the club will start paying more wages because we will have far greater stability, far more sponsorship money coming in, and if we make Top 4 again, CL money for 3 years in a row.

Wages need to rise, but it won't happen until the stadium is delivered.

Poch doesn't run his mouth to the media and keeps his cards close to his chest, and he will be one of the last ones to publicly air any dirty laundry. I wouldn't expect any other type of a response than the one he gave.

History hasn't proved that poch easily gets over wrong though and has no problem freezing out players that he perceives has presented an issue to the club and the team chemistry. In public, this is now a dead issue for him, but I don't believe for a second that this is anywhere close to being over between him and Danny.

The reality here is that Poch is ok with it-at least that's on the surface. Consummate professional that he is, he's not going to blow his stack in public. Having seen the outcome for previous players who've shat the bed with Poch, I can see this being a long & arduous road back for Rose, if at all. He's paid to train. And Poch can make it extraordinarily tough for him. I hope he does & the slack jawed Yorkshire fool is too tired to open a book after a days "work"... let alone give interviews.

I think & hope It's spectacularly backfired on Rose.

I think Levy will sort out the wage structure after the stadium is done - too much risk this summer, but next summer I feel like players will be rewarded and the club will start paying more wages because we will have far greater stability, far more sponsorship money coming in, and if we make Top 4 again, CL money for 3 years in a row.

Wages need to rise, but it won't happen until the stadium is delivered.
Agree 100%. We all know this,as do the players. Hence why Rose's comments were so annoying.

I reckon Danny's agent (Mark Rankine) has just made his first big deal with Walker and now thinks he is god's gift. He comes up with a master plan to get another big deal and encourages Danny (his nephew) to engineer either an wage I ncrease or big money move via the pathetic interview

I hope Levy refuses to ever deal with Mark Rankine again to make it clear there are consequences. I would guess others at Base Soccer recommended the apology, having seen what a stupid and vindictive plan it was. Or perhaps after Levy voiced his opinion

Danny deserves the shit is getting and should be sold January or next summer. Only when we have a replacement up and ready. He is just a pawn though I reckon

Convenient that in the latest Mourinho press conference he's mentioned he's looking for one last big signing, someone who can play wide.

I mean considering what Rose just said, if they really wanted him, they won't be bothered about Levys previous stance.

An extraordinary turn of events. Let's look at it this way - what he did was dumb and ill informed. He was frustrated and probably had Kyle Walker in his ear about what he could earn up north.

And I'm with 1882 1882 here: Rose is too dumb to have thought through the consequences of his actions. Someone in the media manipulated him to get a story and destabilise us on the eve of the new season with their anti Spurs agenda.

What these people want us to do is to descend into in-fighting so that the team falls apart and all our best players go to the "Big Four". So I think the best thing we can do is to close ranks around Danny Rose, and not walk into the anti Spurs agenda. The problem is that, with all the vitriol I have seen here, it won't be easy to rehabilitate him.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate."

If he comes back with the right attitude and actually grows up because of it I'll have no qualms. He needs to come back a better man for it, realise he was wrong and give us a better more committed service because of it. Sadly I don't think he's got it in him. We will see

He pimped himself to the uglies in Manchester....Mm ok! His choice....we will give him the benefit of doubt in regards his apology that his words were ill judged (which WE don't believe by the way) but if the manager who I/we believe is far more important than he'll ever be can move on then fair enough! But it WONT be forgotten.....by us or by Tottenham!

Back
Top Bottom