Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just did a Danny to see what tournaments you play in (internationals). The Americas Rugby Championship apparently;

That led me to find out that Rugby is the fastest growing sport in the US and are in with a great shout of hosting the 2027 World Cup.
I’ll watch the tournament that we host here usually every year. They’re played in Vegas. Always want to go and watch.

I’ll watch the tournament that we host here usually every year. They’re played in Vegas. Always want to go and watch.
Couple of questions for you now that US Rugby has gone professional;

Is it like football over there, where only the rich kids can get anywhere ? College system aside.

Is it a case of "failed" American football players turning to it ?

Is it like Ireland, where 80 % -ish of all income is from Internationals, leaving the clubs in a precarious position financially ?

Is it like football over there, where only the rich kids can get anywhere ? College system aside.

Is it like Ireland, where 80 % -ish of all income is from Internationals, leaving the clubs in a precarious position financially ?
Absolutely...no...clue

Are you referring to the 7s?
North American Invitational 7s yea

I'll try and answer these but it's been ~10 years since I was playing in college so things have probably changed since then. My experience was at division 1 level in the Northeast and so the culture may be different in other parts of the country.

1. It was generally kids that came through private high schools that played on my college team because it wasn't very common for public high schools to have a program. I do think more public high schools now have rugby programs. You didn't need to be "rich" per say, as some private high schools are not very expensive to attend. It's just they were the only ones with programs.

2. No, it was generally not failed American football players. At least the best players at the college were just those that played on competitive high school teams. Some actually played both American football and rugby.

3. I have absolutely no idea about the finances of the sport.

If they need a Lb they may decide that a lack of fee can be spent on covering wages.

Say a lb costs 8m on a 4 year contract, for a year amortised that's 35k a week, plus the players wages, that's Roses wage (roughly) that they would be spending on an alternative.

With the greatest of respect, thats not the way they will look at it. They have a wage ceiling (much as we do) and they wont be breaking it for Danny Rose. NCFC in particular dont look for older players, again similar to us they look for young talent that will do a job for them and also improve - Godfrey being a very good recent example.

But you stated “he is not mentally ill”!!

Pretty profound thing to say unless you are qualified and are actually treating him
As I said qualified and commenting on the stuff in the public domain. he has spoken at length about his issues publicly. Its not particularly profound certainly not as definitive as many of the comments made on this thread. By those standards its very nuanced so I'm not sure why you find it such. Certainly alongside the ill will and name calling that is in here. Odd. Everything in here is supposition, but people with mood disorders aren't inherently more likley to be anything. So putting every issue down to said disorder is not helpful.

Last edited:
As I said qualified and commenting on the stuff in the public domain. he has spoken at length about his issues publicly. Its not particularly profound certainly not as definitive as many of the comments made on this thread. By those standards its very nuanced so I'm not sure why you find it such. Certainly alongside the ill will and name calling that is in here. Odd. Everything in here is supposition, but people with mood disorders aren't inherently more likley to be anything. So putting every issue down to said disorder is not helpful.

I’m not but to make a sweeping comment such as you did is wrong at best and arrogant at worst

We’re not going to agree on this one so I’m out

I would hope that if someone near to you suffered from a similar mental illness you might be more sympathetic but equally I hope that doesn’t happen

I’m not but to make a sweeping comment such as you did is wrong at best and arrogant at worst

We’re not going to agree on this one so I’m out

I would hope that if someone near to you suffered from a similar mental illness you might be more sympathetic but equally I hope that doesn’t happen
A life long freind is Bi polar and has made multiple attempts on her life. That's exactly why I am drawing a clear distinction between the catchall use of the term 'depression' and and myriad attributed behaviours. Perhaps as it is personal to you, you are unable to see the point I'm making, as you seem to be totally missing the point. If was unkind I'd call that arrogant, but as I see the sensitivity I won't.

Last edited:
A life long freind is Bi polar and has made multiple attempts on her life. That's exactly why I am drawing a clear distinction between the catchall use of the term 'depression' and and myriad attributed behaviours. Perhaps as it is personal to you, you are unable to see the point I'm making, as you seem to be totally missing the point. If was unkind I'd call that arrogant, but as I see the sensitivity I won't.

Let’s move on

Danny needs to find another club for his sake and us

We can agree on that I hope

With the greatest of respect, thats not the way they will look at it. They have a wage ceiling (much as we do) and they wont be breaking it for Danny Rose. NCFC in particular dont look for older players, again similar to us they look for young talent that will do a job for them and also improve - Godfrey being a very good recent example.
You may be right but it's not unheard of wage ceilings being broken for loan players for the reasons I gave. We sort of did it with Bale (depending on the reports you read)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom