Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if Google can find Norwich and Brentford players ?

He must be on £70K a week here still or something nuts, neither of those will touch those kind of wages. I think NCFC's top earner *ever* was Steven Naismith on £40K a week (!!?!?!) and they couldnt wait to get him off the books. If he goes anywhere his wages are gonna take a big hit

All the hatred towards Danny is ridiculous.

On the pitch, he's been a massive part of our club's growth over the 5-6 years. He was easily one of the best LBs in Europe for nearly two years. He helped us get to a CL final. He has helped us fook Arse and Chelsea multiple times. Off field comments aside, I don't know what more we could want from a player.
no one knows what's going on in his mind, cut him some slack and try to be a bit more understanding. Reading negative nasty comments won't help anyone. I was never aware that Aaron Lennon had issues until it came out in the press. Danny would probably regret what has happened here and wish he could be part of what is beginning to look like a good solid team. Wish him well, he was one of our best for a while

Maybe so, but there were some equally bad ones on there. Even suggested by the founders of this forum. If we're gonna pile on the lad for going along with a joke suggested by other members then go for the others who suggested names offensive to disabled for example.

In the end, it was a just a joke at the time and it probably hasn't entered his thoughts until recently now people have made him aware how they feel. He should change it, but let's not single him out for a misogynist joke when everyone was laughing at Karren Brady being called a slut bucket in a match thread just the other month simply for being the owner of that tin pot lot.

For clarification I agree with what you say and it's good you've made him aware you find it offensive. I think he's a young lad and was even younger at the time just going along with an absurdist joke 6 years ago.

The problem with this place is with so many few female members and it being such a boys club there will be some learning moments when people like yourself make us aware of what is acceptable and what isn't. That's how we should treat it, as a learning moment rather than an opportunity to hang him. Not saying you are btw, but I feel some may do.

Maybe we should have a new vote, the ladies get first dibs.
Thanks for such a reasoned response. There's so much on here that irks me, but I've got pretty good at ignoring it, because I love "talking" about Spurs to my heart's content, when I feel like it.
As long as people aren't disrespectful to me directly (like the one poster who called me a see- you-next-tuesday) I let you boys fight amongst yourselves.
Just would like people to be nicer to each other, I suppose, in real life as well as on here. The world would be a much better place.

Thanks for such a reasoned response. There's so much on here that irks me, but I've got pretty good at ignoring it, because I love "talking" about Spurs to my heart's content, when I feel like it.
As long as people aren't disrespectful to me directly (like the one poster who called me a see- you-next-tuesday) I let you boys fight amongst yourselves.
Just would like people to be nicer to each other, I suppose, in real life as well as on here. The world would be a much better place.
Very well said, m'lady.

I will certainly try. You are spot on.

It always good to have these discussions because we can learn from it. Boys will be boys and all that. Never be afraid to call us out on something that irks you.

Men are generally more ignorant than women when together so it's a good chat to know that these things aren't right.

P. s. It's posts and responses like this as to why you are universally adored here.

Last edited:
Very well said, m'lady.

I will certainly try. You are spot on.

It always good to have these discussions because we can learn from it. Boys will be boys and all that. Never be afraid to call us out on something irks you.

Men are generally more ignorant than women when together so it's a good chat to know that these things aren't right.
I'm no shrinking violet, believe me, and away from here and especially when watching our team, I've got quite a potty mouth 🤭
I've been the 'token' female in a group of boys for decades so used to the banter, but I'm sure they temper it to a point. The measure to use is, would you say that in front of a maiden aunt ;)

Danny is just too blunt and made comments when his position of power was diminishing.

He wanted the team to buy good players instead of shit punts. What do you think Kane means when he says he'll stay so long as the club shows ambition? He means surround me with good players like myself not shit ones or I'm out of here. He literally just says it in a more PR friendly way.

Funnily enough everyone is now delighted that we have done what Rose asked for many years ago. All Danny asked is that we did this whilst the iron was hot.

The hatred towards him is because football is tribal and removes logic from grown adults. Stop taking it all so personal. Half of you lot hold year long grudges with posters you argue with over silly shit, wonder how you would react to receiving abuse like Danny did that time he signed his contract extension.

Danny is a good guy, even does his charity anonymously (the hospital made it public afterwards) which is refreshing in 2020. Somehow the guy who tried to Furlough the staff is the good guy lol.

It's obvious Levy didn't like him after the sun interview. He told Jose to phase him out when he came in. Which Jose did. We played right backs and centre backs and a shit Davies over Rose hence the amazon doc scene.
It's telling that Levy's meeting with Rose wasn't shown. Why the secrecy? Neither party are camera shy. Reeks of not wanting any scenes where the club comes off looking badly- much like the lockdown training omissions.
Agree. Second part re Levy, probably true....and that’s business. Tough for Danny but there it is.

I'm no shrinking violet, believe me, and away from here and especially when watching our team, I've got quite a potty mouth 🤭
I've been the 'token' female in a group of boys for decades so used to the banter, but I'm sure they temper it to a point. The measure to use is, would you say that in front of a maiden aunt ;)
A potty mouth?!?

My world has crumbled!

I refuse to believe it.

He must be on £70K a week here still or something nuts, neither of those will touch those kind of wages. I think NCFC's top earner *ever* was Steven Naismith on £40K a week (!!?!?!) and they couldnt wait to get him off the books. If he goes anywhere his wages are gonna take a big hit
If they need a Lb they may decide that a lack of fee can be spent on covering wages.

Say a lb costs 8m on a 4 year contract, for a year amortised that's 35k a week, plus the players wages, that's Roses wage (roughly) that they would be spending on an alternative.

You are spot on. There is an increasingly misunderstood use of the word depression. In the laudable effort to get people to talk about their emotional wellbeing, a lot of misguided clinically inaccurate stuff is getting spouted. Danny Rose is not mentally ill. He is not suffering from for example bipolar disorder. This stuff does a disservice to people who are clinically depressed acting out willful being difficult is not some inherent symptom.

Are you medically qualified to arrive at this conclusion?

I’d say there’s approximately a 0% chance his wages take a hit. But we may subsidize his wages so a Championship club will take him.

Back
Top Bottom