Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was good but I have never been able to forget his biggest blunder. I was on the shelf watching us play Chelsea in a League Cup semi final in the early 70's. It was level with a few minutes to go and Chelsea must have had a set piece as Cyril was on the post defending. The ball came in not particularly hard and he swung his leg to clear it and missed completely and it went under his foot for one of the softest goals I have seen and we were out of the cup.

He was good but I have never been able to forget his biggest blunder. I was on the shelf watching us play Chelsea in a League Cup semi final in the early 70's. It was level with a few minutes to go and Chelsea must have had a set piece as Cyril was on the post defending. The ball came in not particularly hard and he swung his leg to clear it and missed completely and it went under his foot for one of the softest goals I have seen and we were out of the cup.
That obviously was not a nice one.

He must have swung his right leg at it, the one he used for standing.
He had the sweetest left foot.

According to Turkish broadcaster A Spor, Abdullah Avci’s side have made an offer to both Tottenham and Rose as they look to bolster their defence before the window slams shut.

Transfermarkt says Rose is represented by CAA Base.
Same agency as Lennon who is already in Turkey.

Last edited:
Is he the best left back we've ever had? Our greatest ever.
I think so. At least in the prem era.
Part of me thinks "Spursy" is the football gods getting back at Spurs fans for how they snake players.
Rose' biggest crime was wanting us to strike whilst the iron was hot. A guy who was like a LB Hojbjerg (who people cream over) constantly going to war whilst being one of the top LBs in europe.

Rose' biggest crime was wanting us to strike whilst the iron was hot. A guy who was like a LB Hojbjerg (who people cream over) constantly going to war whilst being one of the top LBs in europe.

I agree with the sentiment, but his biggest crime was his inability to shut his fucking mouth and airing his dirty laundry with the club to the press.

I agree with the sentiment, but his biggest crime was his inability to shut his fucking mouth and airing his dirty laundry with the club to the press.
Even if you agreed with his opinions, it's sort of breaking the footballing code of going outside the dressing room. It rarely ever ends well for players at any club and it didn't for Danny.

That plus the timing was very shitty. If we're talking shitty things done by players who Spurs fans love then it doesn't even rank top 5.
He was trying to fire shots at the board but the fans took the most offence. The same fans who are nothing but customers to the club, literally. In fact if the club could gain some meagre financial incentive for fucking off any of you as fans believe me they would so don't expect that loyalty to go both ways. I'll stick to backing Rose though.

Even if you agreed with his opinions, it's sort of breaking the footballing code of going outside the dressing room. It rarely ever ends well for players at any club and it didn't for Danny.
What Levy did was sneaky and broke a code of decency though.

He would offer low paid players lots of contract extensions- ones which were never enough to put them on par with rivals, but enough to make the player feel like they should sign to not miss out on potential earnings whilst having no position of power due having so many years left on their deals. Eventually players cottoned on. This isn't conspiracy either, Jenas basically described the situation similarly.

I'm not sure what a fair reaction would have been tbh

Back
Top Bottom