Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What Levy did was sneaky and broke a code of decency though.

He would offer low paid players lots of contract extensions- ones which were never enough to put them on par with rivals, but enough to make the player feel like they should sign to not miss out on potential earnings whilst having no position of power due having so many years left on their deals. Eventually players cottoned on. This isn't conspiracy either, Jenas basically described the situation similarly.

I'm not sure what a fair reaction would have been tbh
What is sneaky about offering new contracts? The players are not forced to sign new deals, you see it often where players run down contracts. Levy did not force them to sign.

Rose gave a very honest interview and fans were split on it. His injury is what hurt him the most, he turned into fat Rose for a while and never performed the way he used to. Then he fell out with Poch and that was basically the end of Rose at Spurs.

Says a lot that other clubs were not willing to sign him last year or last summer when I'm sure Levy would have let him go for a minimal fee.

I think so. At least in the prem era.
Part of me thinks "Spursy" is the football gods getting back at Spurs fans for how they snake players.
Rose' biggest crime was wanting us to strike whilst the iron was hot. A guy who was like a LB Hojbjerg (who people cream over) constantly going to war whilst being one of the top LBs in europe.
I agree

We must be the worst club in the league when it comes to getting players out of the club.

It's easier to leave the Mafia than it is to leave Spurs.
tenor.gif

Ozil, Rojo, Sokratis, Coutinho, Mangala, Rose, Bale, Moses, Lovren, there’s an endless list of players that big clubs have been lumbered with and struggled to shift.

I‘d say compared to most other clubs we are actually pretty good at selling our dregs. We got £17m for Wimmer! If it weren’t for the Amazon doc Rose probably would have gone by now, but he showed the world that he is a washed up twat. Nobody decent would want to sign a player like him. Even Newcastle weren’t interested and they will sign any old shit.

As a player he is more than capable and even his loan spell at Newcastle went well. It is his attitude that lets him down but a strong Manager should be able to deal with him and if he kicks off in the Dressing room with only 4 months of the season remaining the new club will not have lost much. I am surprised no one has come in for him on a short term loan but perhaps no one has a need for a LB.

Back
Top Bottom