Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yea, I bet it went down really well with teammates if Rose took a dump on them behind their back to the manager, claiming that "other player were rubbish. It's facts".
Who would not love to hear someone talking about you in this way. Prolly more loved in our dressing room than Santa.
So prove that they did, just pick ONE player to prove your point.

Your response proves my point, the toxicity is with the fanbase.

I'd say the toxicity exists solely within the fanbase and him.

I have never seen so much of seen a hint of disharmony between him and his teammates, quite the opposite in fact.

Hard to say because he no longer trains or associates with the first team squad, when he goes to Enfield he arrives alone, trains alone or with the juniors and leaves alone, it's sad.

If he doesn't move today he will be out of all squads so very unlikely to be seen at Enfield anymore, what would be the point?

No chance he’s touching a Spurs shirt this year. Firstly Jose wouldn’t do it to his ego if we were to have an injury crisis, Secondly we also still have Cirkin at the club if Reguilon and Davies were both to get injured (Tanganga can play there too), thirdly he’s not registered for any competition and fourthly I doubt he would want to come and play for us to again if we were to crawl back to him in a time of need
have him collecting the balls after training then

I'd say the toxicity exists solely within the fanbase and him.

I have never seen so much of seen a hint of disharmony between him and his teammates, quite the opposite in fact.

Not being on bad terms with his teammates doesn't mean he isn't a toxic character. This is what I imaginea atypical conversation between Kane and Rose to be:

"Morning Danny, how are you today?"

"Not great Harry. Thought about topping myself last night because I'm struggling to make ends meet on 60k a week. Can't wait to retire and to go back to live with me mum in the North. Can't believe City haven't come in for me yet. When they do I'll put in a good word for you with Pep."

Not being on bad terms with his teammates doesn't mean he isn't a toxic character. This is what I imaginea atypical conversation between Kane and Rose to be:

"Morning Danny, how are you today?"

"Not great Harry. Thought about topping myself last night because I'm struggling to make ends meet on 60k a week. Can't wait to retire and to go back to live with me mum in the North. Can't believe City haven't come in for me yet. When they do I'll put in a good word for you with Pep."
So you having a fake conversation in your head, as Danny Rose in the 3rd person is proof he's a toxic player. OK.

From all the evidence ever provided (by the players themselves and ALSO from Rose himself) is that Rose is a pessimist (not that actual word has been used though) but there are several accounts of him having to be convinced about the quality of the team and what they can achieve (confirmed by an infamous meal with Lamela) and there have been other comments about him being the most likely to moan or complain about something, all taken as part of his persona, his makeup and mentioned in good-humoured player interviews but not as someone divisive and toxic.

The only people making this claim are Spurs fans.

Hard to say because he no longer trains or associates with the first team squad, when he goes to Enfield he arrives alone, trains alone or with the juniors and leaves alone, it's sad.

If he doesn't move today he will be out of all squads so very unlikely to be seen at Enfield anymore, what would be the point?
Sure, he's out the squad. He will not play with Spurs again, he doesn't have a squad number. He's history. Doesn't make him "toxic", until there is something that absolutely exists to back that up.

So you having a fake conversation in your head, as Danny Rose in the 3rd person is proof he's a toxic player. OK.

From all the evidence ever provided (by the players themselves and ALSO from Rose himself) is that Rose is a pessimist (not that actual word has been used though) but there are several accounts of him having to be convinced about the quality of the team and what they can achieve (confirmed by an infamous meal with Lamela) and there have been other comments about him being the most likely to moan or complain about something, all taken as part of his persona, his makeup and mentioned in good-humoured player interviews but not as someone divisive and toxic.

What's that about ? Hadn't heard that before.

Infamous meal with Lamela?

Just noticed you've posted a link, it's behind a subscription, could you summarise please?

Can't read it, subscription required.

Found this version though, if any one else is interested.

Its funny some folk will reach for the oddest stuff. We are all bored with this now, but the personal vitriol is plain odd. I have said I think the "hes depressed so is bloshie is drivel" and the "he's a moaner so is toxic " is also bunk. Some really good teams have had characters just like Rose demanding combative whingers. The irony is Jose would have loved prime era Rose, he is just physically shot. His character isn't really the issue some think. He's past it and his ego can't acknowledge it( that level of stubborn probably explains why he made it to the top in a fiercely competitive sport in the first place). They say all political carrers end in defeat sports the same hes done. That's all.

giphy.gif

Love McCarthy & Stone developments!

So *that* interview would have been viewed as healthy by everyone at the club then? Just because reports didn’t come out doesn’t mean that it was all sweetness and light.
Remember when ITK leaked out regularly. Yeah, that has stopped too.

If I was a mid table prem/top champo club manager or owner looking for a left back that interview alone would cause a massive Danny shaped blind spot in my eyes.

So *that* interview would have been viewed as healthy by everyone at the club then? Just because reports didn’t come out doesn’t mean that it was all sweetness and light.
Remember when ITK leaked out regularly. Yeah, that has stopped too.

If I was a mid table prem/top champo club manager or owner looking for a left back that interview alone would cause a massive Danny shaped blind spot in my eyes.
The Sun interview was outrageous, not necessarily what he said in it but it was a) Completly against the team protocol b) The timing of it (which Rose may or may not had a hand in, probably not) disrupted the start of the season's preparations.

He's a straight talker, always has been, even his rare early interviews all have an air of individuality to them, basically, there's a sense of non-PR savvy but just think they are a reflection of him. The biggest issue is that following on from the Sun interview EVERY other interview/media commitment that followed was actively looking for "controversy".

BUT, find one Spurs player to talk negatively about him. There simply hasn't been. Maybe this is because they now how to keep their heads down and keep stuff out of the public domain or it's just that he's mates with most of this team.

Fans really think players share their delusional tribal infatuation with the club.

The players are clearly still cool with Eriksen who apparently downed tools in their time of need. What's up with that?

Can't read it, subscription required.

Found this version though, if any one else is interested.

Nothing much to see here other than how annoying it was seeing how close we were to Leicester in the table

Did Danny pick up the tab btw?

Why don't we just cancel his contract? Pay up what's left and let him do whatever he wants.

I don't see anything to gain by letting him hang around for a year doing nothing.
I think that once the 5pm window shuts today you can expect an announcement very soon that the club has done exactly that. No use having him hanging around, pay him off and draw a line under it all. Just hope the lad is in a 'good place' mentally to cope with what is happening but until he accepts some of the blame for his situation his career is in freefall.

I think that once the 5pm window shuts today you can expect an announcement very soon that the club has done exactly that. No use having him hanging around, pay him off and draw a line under it all. Just hope the lad is in a 'good place' mentally to cope with what is happening but until he accepts some of the blame for his situation his career is in freefall.
Probably best to pay him off- but depends if Levy / Jose want to make a point. Personally, I’d say it’s poison to have someone hanging around who you don’t want or need ...but I’m not Jose or Levy so who could say?

Back
Top Bottom