Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that once the 5pm window shuts today you can expect an announcement very soon that the club has done exactly that. No use having him hanging around, pay him off and draw a line under it all. Just hope the lad is in a 'good place' mentally to cope with what is happening but until he accepts some of the blame for his situation his career is in freefall.
I really don’t understand Danny.

Why doesn’t he want to play any more? He’s still good enough to play and he’s got a few years left. I really don’t understand his choices, hope it’s not his mental illness that’s affecting his decision making.

Whatever happens I wish him well, it was short but his good spell was great to watch.

I really don’t understand Danny.

Why doesn’t he want to play any more? He’s still good enough to play and he’s got a few years left. I really don’t understand his choices, hope it’s not his mental illness that’s affecting his decision making.

Whatever happens I wish him well, it was short but his good spell was great to watch.
I don’t think Danny understands Danny
Very sad and I hope he comes through this maybe in January

I wonder if he knew who Reguilon was before he came.

Would have been poetic justice if he lost his squad place thanks to someone he had to Google

I don’t think Danny understands Danny
Very sad and I hope he comes through this maybe in January

Danny may not understand Danny, but hope he has a good agent to give him some tough love ''Danny you are too young to retire - plenty of decent clubs where you'd enjoy playing wanting to take the next step to being top level whether Middlesborough (up north) or maybe Spain or Italy where you can get a bit of sun too'' He will regret retiring in a year or two if he doesn't get another club

He probably SHOULD retire to be honest.

He clearly doesn't like football but realises he's actually good enough at it to have made a decent career. But he's lost that hunger and desire. Otherwise he'd have gone absolutely anywhere this season to continue playing.

I refuse to believe there wasn't a club out there willing to give Rose game time - but something inside me makes me believe Rose is quite happy travelling from his mansion to training every day, to have a kick about and earn an obscene amount of money.

His competing at the top is over. His international career is over. If he's lucky, due to how truthful he tends to be, he might get invited to do a bit of punditry and continue earning a handsome wage for very little.

He really should have gone to that italian club who came in for him. Complete change from england, better food and weather...might've reinvigorated him for a few seasons.

Silly twat.

Reports indicate that Watford made a deadline day approach for the 30-year-old last Friday but the defender was not particularly keen on joining the Hornets.

The expression "Beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind.

Link : Report: Spurs ‘ready to explore more drastic measures’ regarding player’s contract

Maybe he just doesn't care about football or maybe he is so arrogant he thinks that if he isn't playing for a world class club it isn't worth it but I don't see how he doesn't make that move.

At worst it gives him a chance to earn one more shot. The Championship should be a league in which he could really shine and with his history maybe it convinces a team that he wants to play for to give him another shot.

But now he is pretty assured himself of either being done completely or having to take a similar level clubs offer in the next transfer window. I can't imagine he gets a better offer with not having played football for 6 months in December or in a year if he doesn't like the offers in the January transfer window.

Maybe he just doesn't care about football or maybe he is so arrogant he thinks that if he isn't playing for a world class club it isn't worth it but I don't see how he doesn't make that move.

At worst it gives him a chance to earn one more shot. The Championship should be a league in which he could really shine and with his history maybe it convinces a team that he wants to play for to give him another shot.

But now he is pretty assured himself of either being done completely or having to take a similar level clubs offer in the next transfer window. I can't imagine he gets a better offer with not having played football for 6 months in December or in a year if he doesn't like the offers in the January transfer window.
Completely agree and becoming more and more inclined to think the lad is in a bad place mentally. I cannot see his agent doing anything other than pushing for this move as much as he possibly could have. An ideal opportunity for Rose to resurrect his career which is clearly going nowhere by staying at Spurs.
The guy's ego needs reining in otherwise he'll never be good enough for any club that is willing to offer him a way out of this nightmare.

Seems to me he fancies himself as a better player than everyone else views it. One of his team needs to honestly tell him 'what he's worth' rather than blowing smoke up his arse.

To reference 'that' interview again he is determined to end his career with a trophy apparently, and don't imagine a club looking like winning things other than the Championship would have come in for him. (Funnily enough, excluding the Italian charity shield Milan haven't won a trophy since 2011?)

Maybe he realised staying at Spurs on £60k odd per week is much more than he's worth, and perhaps if he got on with training hard, released an interview about loving to play for Spurs again, he may get back in this side actually looking like serious trophy contenders ahead of the Euros - prepared to fight for a place in the team rather than expecting to start every single game. Mourinho seems far too stubborn for that kind of nonsense - I seem to remember him saying something on the Amazon doc along the lines of 'a player will know if I don't want them'.

He's 30. To say his career is, or should be over seem harsh to me. With the right attitude and application I see no reason why he couldn't worm his way back in the squad come January as backup to Reguilon - using Davies as a LCB should we use a back 3 with wing backs or whatever. Seems very unlikely but not impossible. Sadly I just don't have any sympathy in this lads case when I perhaps should.

Back
Top Bottom