Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still miffed about how his career panned out with us at the end, but I hope it turns out OK for him.

Premier League Love GIF by MolaTV

He started the season well, but that performance v Liverpool was one of the worst I've ever seen in the Premier League. Maybe his legs are gone after all. Would love for him to come and be a coach at Spurs when he hangs up his boots, he showed last year what a great guy he was when he was training with the kids.

He’s been finished for a long time, Mourinho exiling him was one of the few sensible things he did.

Not really sure where he goes now, don’t think he could hack it in the Championship. He’s so bulky now it’s hard to see him playing at a serious level. His old qualities are all gone and now he just charges around fouling people.

Roy Hodgson was told: “These are the ones we expect you to work with and Dan (Rose) was unfortunately not on that list and I was told he is training separately and is not going to be involved with the club.

“And I was in, and am in, no position to question that. I met Danny, as I know him of course, and had a brief conversation and all I could say to him was that this has got nothing to do with me, it's you and the club and this is what has been decided and this is what I'm doing so unfortunately you will have to accept the fate that has been dealt to you.”

He's been categorically frozen out by the Watford directors, seems a big waste for both parties.

Roy Hodgson was told: “These are the ones we expect you to work with and Dan (Rose) was unfortunately not on that list and I was told he is training separately and is not going to be involved with the club.

“And I was in, and am in, no position to question that. I met Danny, as I know him of course, and had a brief conversation and all I could say to him was that this has got nothing to do with me, it's you and the club and this is what has been decided and this is what I'm doing so unfortunately you will have to accept the fate that has been dealt to you.”

He's been categorically frozen out by the Watford directors, seems a big waste for both parties.

Surely if a manager wants a player then they should be allowed to decide?

He was probably being a disruptive influence and Watford directors didn’t want to pander to him. Good on them. He can be a complete twit sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom