Dave Mackay RIP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, here's some superb footage of Mackay lifting the '67 FA Cup as captain.

Too young to see him play like most of us on here but met him once down at the Lane. True gent and an absolute Tottenham legend from our best ever days. RIP Dave, the club wouldn't be what we are today without you.

Sad day. He's in the top 3 Spurs players from the past I'd loved to have seen in the flesh (Blanchflower and Hoddle the other two).

Proper Spurs legend. RIP Dave.

ZNJ51WX.jpg

That was my first game I went to at the lane in 68, although I was only young my dad always raved about him. Bill Nicholson and Brian Clough both said he was the best signing they ever made. If two of English football greatest managers say that about a player you sit up and take notice. One of the best players to ever pull on a Spurs shirt! RIP

The man ate, slept and breathed Spurs.. Such a shame he couldn't have gone with a big smile on his face after watching us win another trophy..
When you speak about Spurs legends not many could disagree that he would be in the top 5.

RIP big Dave... It's players like you that made Spurs..

Not really the news you want to wake up to. Shame to hear that, really.
Lets hope that for once, the team can put together a performance befitting a legend for a memorial game come the weekend.
RIP YIDDO

Back
Top Bottom