David Ginola

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basically my role model growing up. Really want him to make a full recovery, sounds like he has been very unlucky (at 49 to have a massive heart attack) and very lucky to get good treatment and surgery to save his life. Hopefully he will be 100% before too long.

David Ginola: Former France winger has quadruple heart bypass
His surgeon, speaking with authority of the family, told BBC Sport Ginola was "extremely lucky" to be alive.

What happened?
"David played a sort of charity football match. All of a sudden he collapsed and people thought it was a joke but after one or two minutes they realised it was serious," said Gilles Dreyfus, professor of cardiac surgery at the Monaco Heart Centre.

"Fortunately there was one person who had been trained in CPR, because otherwise he would have been brain dead. They then called the emergency services, who arrived eight minutes later with him in cardiac arrest.

"I was speaking to the captain and he was telling me the girl who was in the ambulance only knew where the football field, which isn't an official one but a private one, was because she had seen it that morning and asked somebody what it was.

"If she hadn't then most likely she would not have found it within the timeframe to save him.

"They arrived with him in cardiac arrest, he was shocked four times on site, they were able to restore a normal heart rhythm and within 10 minutes a helicopter arrived to transfer him to Monaco Heart Centre.

"I made the decision to transfer him to the operating theatre and he immediately underwent a quadruple heart bypass, which was very straightforward although difficult.

"This morning he woke up perfectly normally with no neurological damage and is now recovering from a bypass like anybody would normally do.

"It was a sequence of events that at every stage went absolutely fine, that is why he is here today. Luckier you can't be. It's an unbelievable story."

It seems few fine margines that could have gone either way, went for David. Even if the football Gods are almost never with us, at least the "real" God, in as far as people believes in him, would seem to have been on the side of a true yid in this instance :freundgoal:

I had my dad collapse with a heart attack just last year on a family vacation in front of three generations. It's without a shadow of doubt the most frigthening and horrible experience of my life, even though he did make it through. Why anyone would even for a second think, anyone would joke about that, I cannot understand. It's certainly not anyone, who's seen it happen to a loved one :avbnaa:

It seems few fine margines that could have gone either way, went for David. Even if the football Gods are almost never with us, at least the "real" God, in as far as people believes in him, would seem to have been on the side of a true yid in this instance :freundgoal:

I had my dad collapse with a heart attack just last year on a family vacation in front of three generations. It's without a shadow of doubt the most frigthening and horrible experience of my life, even though he did make it through. Why anyone would even for a second think, anyone would joke about that, I cannot understand. It's certainly not anyone, who's seen it happen to a loved one :avbnaa:
I'm pretty sure i have joked about it in the past if I'm honest, not with the intent of offending but just being a prat.

The only heart attack I have ever witness anyone have was when Fabrice Muamba collapsed at WHL. That was fucking horrible experience and one I probably will not forget. The Hospital he was rushed to and stayed in is a couple of minutes from my house so it felt I was haunted every day by it before he fully recovered, so the thought of watching that happen to a loved one simply doesn't bare thinking about, glad he OK mate.

I'm glad he is ok that would have been devastating news otherwise.

A legend for me and the only joy he bought in what was a bleak period in out history and I saw he lift the league cup and old Wembley.

Glad he is ok...GINOLA

My dad dropped dead from a heart attack & my mum was on life support for 10 days after hers before she passed away. Truly horrifying experiences for everyone. I'm just so happy that David got a little bit of luck after his episode. His family must be so very relieved that it's all looking good after that terrible scare. Thoughts & prayers for a full & speedy recovery.

My dad dropped dead from a heart attack & my mum was on life support for 10 days after hers before she passed away. Truly horrifying experiences for everyone. I'm just so happy that David got a little bit of luck after his episode. His family must be so very relieved that it's all looking good after that terrible scare. Thoughts & prayers for a full & speedy recovery.
Fucking hell Boltonspur Boltonspur ... that's all a bit close to home for you innit?

Glad Ginola's OK... but man o man I'm sorry for your losses... Welcome to The Orphanage my friend!

20 years ago today we signed Ginola

20 YEARS!!!

giphy.gif

20 years ago today we signed Ginola

20 YEARS!!!

giphy.gif

I remember the exact spot I was stood in at school when I found out about that. I recall we were expecting Ferdy to sign, then all of a sudden we'd signed David G and it was like "wtf is that about?"

As it happens he was 10 times the player Les turned out to be, and 50 times the man.

Remember a friendly game at Norwich in 98. Armstrong, Vega and Moussa Saib for a 3-1 win. 15 year old me waited outside the players entrance after the game as the players went on to the coach to get autographs (selfies hadn't been invented then) Most players signed a couple on their way to the coach. Then I remember Ian Walker and Stephen Clemence coming out with jackets over their heads and getting straight on the coach without even signing one autograph. Hated them ever since. Ginola came out last and signed EVERY single autograph for everyone waiting. Chatted with people and took pictures sitting on the steps of the coach. Walker came down to the steps after about 10 minutes and told him to hurry up, and he told him to go and sit back down, he'd be there when he was done! My absolute most favourite player of all time. Pure class as a player and a bloke. Plus his goal against Barnsley that year was way better than Giggs against the Arse.

Remember a friendly game at Norwich in 98. Armstrong, Vega and Moussa Saib for a 3-1 win. 15 year old me waited outside the players entrance after the game as the players went on to the coach to get autographs (selfies hadn't been invented then) Most players signed a couple on their way to the coach. Then I remember Ian Walker and Stephen Clemence coming out with jackets over their heads and getting straight on the coach without even signing one autograph. Hated them ever since. Ginola came out last and signed EVERY single autograph for everyone waiting. Chatted with people and took pictures sitting on the steps of the coach. Walker came down to the steps after about 10 minutes and told him to hurry up, and he told him to go and sit back down, he'd be there when he was done! My absolute most favourite player of all time. Pure class as a player and a bloke. Plus his goal against Barnsley that year was way better than Giggs against the Arse.

Absolutely. A diamond in the rough for us at that stage.

A french rose growing out of a giant stinking pile of alan sugar.

Love it .... one of those that you could watch over and over again and if you were privileged to be there, will stick in the memory banks for ever. I was at the side, so had more or else the same angle as the camera man. Fabulous - a bit like the great man himself.

hah - I was at that game as well!

that's some high-tech vest

Back
Top Bottom