Deadline day madness or Deadline day silence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madness or calm

• Madness

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Calm

Votes: 50 84.7%

• Total voters
Just wondered what you all think type of day its going be for the mighty Spurs?

By all accounts the Porro deal that was dead in the water a few hours ago is now back on so it looks like that one will be going through

But if your Conte right now who do you try and get in the last day to try and turn our fortunes around?

I see we are currently linked with Piero Hincapie, James Maddison and Nicolo Zaniolo but can you see the club pulling off any of these deals before deadline day ends?

Realistically i think we got a shot at signing all three players
given there current club status's and individual circumstances coupled with FFP regulations post Covid recession there is a need to loan or sell if the price is right for most clubs in the world right now.

Last edited:
I've decided upon a cheeky cocktail of sleep deprivation and black tar heroin for the occasion.......

I think it'll depend on the loan outgoings we see.

Even if it was 4D chess by Levy to just make me happy to confirm Porro (in this instance, I don't think that was the case but we have dragged deals onto deadline day needlessly before), a part of me will just be relieved to see the official reveal for that.

CB would be a great boost but prying away a top quality one in January is likely a big ask, and I don't want to see us buying any old shit.

Could see Zaniolo as a 'surprise'. Wouldn't say no as I think we could always do with the creativity.

But in short, gun to my head, I think it'll just be Pedro Perro today.

I don't think we'll sign anyone but Porro. Unless the young Chelsea lad also gets a confirmation tweet.

But I'd like to think we'll be laying the ground works for a goalkeeper and centre back for the summer. Whether that's Hincapie, Raya etc. I don't know.

Just wondered what you all think type of day its going be for the mighty Spurs?

By all accounts the Porro deal that was dead in the water a few hours ago is now back on so it looks like that one will be going through

But if your Conte right now who do you try and get in the last day to try and turn our fortunes around?

I see we are currently linked with Piero Hincapie, James Maddison and Nicolo Zaniolo but do can you see the club pull off any of these deals before deadline day ends?

Realistically i think we got a shot at signing all three players
given there current club status's and individual circumstances coupled with FFP regulations post Covid recession there is a need to loan or sell if the price is right for most clubs in the world right now.

:levylol:

GK, Forster, Austin

Romero, RCB, CCB, Dier, LCB, Davies

Porro, Spence, Sarr, Bentancur, Bissouma, Skipp, Udogie, Perisic

Kulusevski, RWF, Kane, Richarlison, Son, LWF

Royal, Hojbjerg makes 25

GK Pickford
RCB Tanganga
CCB dunno
LCB Bastoni
RWF Kubo
LWF Danjuma/Gil

8 homegrown, 16 overseas, 1 Dunno lol

Gazumping Zabaryni from Bournemouth is achievable, question is whether Conte is even interested in him considering his age.

Would be dissapointed to see Maddison go elsewhere as rumoured but not sure if the timing is right for us given we'll likely be spending a chunk on CB & GK in the summer - think he'd help give us a good blend across the attacking positions.

Unless there's a deal to be done with Ndicka or Hincapie I'm not expecting anything more once Porro is signed. The former most likely as his contract is up in the summer i believe, whereas Hin is tied down longer, so a last minute offer to tempt them in to getting some money back for a player they're going to lose for free come the summer could be a goer, but links there seem to have dried up.

rafael_vandervaart_1712377c.jpg

A moment like this again would be cool

Finishing off Porro would be good.

We all want more quite rightly as we get again haven’t done enough.

I just don’t want to see any half arsed cheap punts, which are just a waste of everyone’s time.

Deadline day is a clusterfuck of cringe and an absolute embarrassing shit show, it’s everything that is wrong in football.
Sky and it’s presenters making it all about them and exaggerating every little bit of gossip as if it’s a major breaking story.
Any one of them fuckers that turns up wearing something yellow needs to be shot. And what’s with this new format of having fans from them embarrassing fan channels on? Yesterday they had that spotty Nerd from AFTV on, acting as if he was the voice of Woolwich.

The whole concept needs to be scrapped and the obsession of signing players for the sake of it, no matter how good or bad they are, needs to fuck off with it.
The whole transfer window is a circus and is turning football into an Ant & Dec style entertainment show.

Back
Top Bottom