DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting about Fredericks. He did look very promising against Anzhi, but they also got relegated from the Russian league.

Interesting about Fredericks. He did look very promising against Anzhi, but they also got relegated from the Russian league.

The thing that impressed me the most about that performance was how he reacted to it, more so than his actual performance. Didn't look even remotely phased, which is of course very rare for a young player getting his debut with the senior side.

I remember you being very upset and confused by the Luongo sale. How has he progressed for Swindon?
I know this doesn't carry a heck of a lot of weight but he must have had some sort of progression as he made the Australian World cup squad and i think if my memory serves me correctly has been swindons skipper on occasion..

MemphisWill MemphisWill I suppose this may help ease your concern, as apparently (if it hasn't already been mentioned) this isn't a loan, it's a pre-contract. Therefore, he wouldn't be allowed to join up with the Spurs squad until New Year's Day. Looks like that rest period is assured.

The thing that impressed me the most about that performance was how he reacted to it, more so than his actual performance. Didn't look even remotely phased, which is of course very rare for a young player getting his debut with the senior side.

Do you know what I like about Yedlin? It wasn't so much his performance against Belgium but how he reacted to it. Didn't even look remotely phased taking on Hazard and Jan. which of course is very rare for a young player coming on for an injured teammate in the knockout rounds of the World Cup.

Last edited:
Do you know what I like about Yedlin? It wasn't so much his performance against Yedlin but how he reacted to it. Didn't even look remotely phased taking on Hazard and Jan. which of course is very rare for a young player coming on for an injured teammate in the knockout rounds of the World Cup.

Well said.

MemphisWill MemphisWill I suppose this may help ease your concern, as apparently (if it hasn't already been mentioned) this isn't a loan, it's a pre-contract. Therefore, he wouldn't be allowed to join up with the Spurs squad until New Year's Day. Looks like that rest period is assured.

if its a pre-contract why we paying a fee?
is this because seattle wouldnt be able to pay his wages if they loaned him..
seems a bit odd

Hell if I know. Protocol probably means bout fuck all when it comes to Euro league-MLS deals.

you would think that we buy him, then loan him..
because dosnt the mls season finish before the winter window? wouldnt that mean if he is still on contract at seattle we wouldnt be able to sign him to then?

if its a pre-contract why we paying a fee?
is this because seattle wouldnt be able to pay his wages if they loaned him..
seems a bit odd

We are paying a fee because we are signing a contract for his transfer in January.

The MLS transfer window closed the other night so we can't buy Yedlin and loan him back to Seattle. Therefore we have bought Yedlin with a transfer date of Jan 1 so he can finish the season with Seattle.

We are paying a fee because we are signing a contract for his transfer in January.

The MLS transfer window closed the other night so we can't buy Yedlin and loan him back to Seattle. Therefore we have bought Yedlin with a transfer date of Jan 1 so he can finish the season with Seattle.

cheers..
seems abit odd that we wouldnt have thought of this and acted sooner..
makes me think it might have been an ad hoc decision

Was hoping that some concrete news actually had come out with this one today. I'm guessing we wait until Monday or Tuesday to make any sort of announcement. Hell, if it's a pre contract like people say it almost wouldn't surprise me if it's not announced until after the MLS season is over. Even though everyone will know it's gone through they might not "make it official." Anway, who knows.

Was hoping that some concrete news actually had come out with this one today. I'm guessing we wait until Monday or Tuesday to make any sort of announcement. Hell, if it's a pre contract like people say it almost wouldn't surprise me if it's not announced until after the MLS season is over. Even though everyone will know it's gone through they might not "make it official." Anway, who knows.

I think it would be in our best interest to announce this sooner rather than later, if anything to build anticipation in the Seattle/American market before the move. My guess is it'll be announced before the month is over.

I remember you being very upset and confused by the Luongo sale. How has he progressed for Swindon?

He's done well - their fans love him, and think he should be playing at a level above.

I'm glad to see Yedlin on the way, but I must say I'm still disappointed to see this. Am hoping the two will be close enough to fight it out in the near future for Naughton's spot.

Fredericks is a converted winger, and can 'do a job' defensively, but it doesn't come naturally to him. At Millwall he struggled to hold down a place, and I spoke to a few of their fans who said he was fine going forward, but was very vulnerable defensively. He'll end up in League One, I'd guess.

Hi Windy, I know you have a much better idea about Fredericks' ability than I, or most on here, but I hope despite all your undoubted knowledge you prove to be wrong on this one. I was most impressed By RF in the Europa game, and so still harbour hopes of him making it at Spurs.

I hope so too - it's always nice to see a homegrown youngster break through.

Back
Top Bottom