DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I realise that one tool in the box doesn't represent the whole construction site (an analogy i think i've just invented!) ...but I always think it's a shame that so many of the louder-mouth 'Murricans are the ones who keep getting airtime!

You and me both. Guess you gotta find some way to sell out and be heard

I realise that one tool in the box doesn't represent the whole construction site (an analogy i think i've just invented!) ...but I always think it's a shame that so many of the louder-mouth 'Murricans are the ones who keep getting airtime!

Well, there's a simple explanation for that. Between social media, 250+ tv channels, tablets & cell phones, radio, video games, movies, and literally thousands of youtube channels, you need to stand out. Quiet, passive, non-flashy personalities get passed over too quickly. If you don't catch someone's attention within 5 seconds or so, you've lost them and they are onto something else.

He'll be up against Michael Krohn-Delhi if he plays tonight - a 48 year old midget barely able to break out of walk.

If he can't handle it, we may as well put him down :adegrin:

On the bench today. Maybe we'll see him for a couple of minutes if we can smash them early. Or if Vlad gets sent off.
:pochwtf:

EDIT: actually looks like Dier and Vlad switched places. Same thing though, if either of them, or Fazio, have to come off then Yedlin's on (other than Davies playing at CB).

Last edited:
Didn't catch the match. I see that he made his debut off the bench. How was he? Did he get any touches on the ball?

Didn't catch the match. I see that he made his debut off the bench. How was he? Did he get any touches on the ball?
He had about three touches I think so nothing worth commenting on really. If I'm being harsh then he showed his naivety when jostling for a ball with the Villa player falling to the floor to win a free kick (not a foul), with the ball at his feet he was more concerned with the Villa player looking for the free kick than getting on and playing the ball. Not fair to blame him in isolation but a Villa player got goal side of him in an attack of theirs too.

He had about three touches I think so nothing worth commenting on really. If I'm being harsh then he showed his naivety when jostling for a ball with the Villa player falling to the floor to win a free kick (not a foul), with the ball at his feet he was more concerned with the Villa player looking for the free kick than getting on and playing the ball. Not fair to blame him in isolation but a Villa player got goal side of him in an attack of theirs too.
Fair enough. I've only really seen Yedlin three or four times and to be honest I've not really been impressed by anything other than his pace. I think he is a better crosser of the ball than Walker though. I think we've signed him based on marketing in America with him being very highly rated in America but I don't personally think he will be here in a few years time.

I'd love to be proven wrong as like I've said, only seen him three or four times. I wouldn't mind him getting game time for the rest of the season though if Walker isn't going to be fit. Our system/philosophy should be based on players being able to come in and do a similar job, I'm sure he is more like-for-like for Walker than the likes of Chiriches and Dier are.

Fair enough. I've only really seen Yedlin three or four times and to be honest I've not really been impressed by anything other than his pace. I think he is a better crosser of the ball than Walker though. I think we've signed him based on marketing in America with him being very highly rated in America but I don't personally think he will be here in a few years time.

I'd love to be proven wrong as like I've said, only seen him three or four times. I wouldn't mind him getting game time for the rest of the season though if Walker isn't going to be fit. Our system/philosophy should be based on players being able to come in and do a similar job, I'm sure he is more like-for-like for Walker than the likes of Chiriches and Dier are.
I've never seen him play other than YouTube stuff before today's 10mins. My gut tells me Fredericks would be ahead of him for next year, purely on the basis that he is playing regularly for Boro and that league would be more physical than Yedlin has ever been used to.

I've never seen him play other than YouTube stuff before today's 10mins. My gut tells me Fredericks would be ahead of him for next year, purely on the basis that he is playing regularly for Boro and that league would be more physical than Yedlin has ever been used to.
Could be right. From what I hear, Fredericks has looked good for Middlesbrough and they have one of the best defences in English football this season. Kyle Walker-Peters may be inexperienced but he's come on leaps and bounds this year too.

I didn't think he existed. I thought we'd signed him from DreamTeam.
Still holding out for Conrad from Footballers' Wives.

conrad-6.jpg

England captain, bisexual, 'triffic lad.

Back
Top Bottom