DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That sentence alone is pretty worrying. When Aaron Lennon is classed as having more variety in his play than you, you know you've got the diversity of Australian weather - that being fuck all.
How is shitty Manchester going: smog cleared yet?

Went back and watched the second half. Yed-lin looked to be playing a RM in a 442 - Similar to being a RB in Poch's 4231. It seemed like the only way to beat Germany's defense was Yedlin's pace. He reminds me of Lennon - but Yed-lin is more of a One Trick Pony. He does not shoot or cut in. Just run as fast as he can, beat the backer & lay a low pass to the back of the box.
He does not have the skills of a Mid, but he can beat many backs. Probably better suited at RB - as long as he works on Marking.

Odd that this should be a point of criticism, because I wish Lennon would just do that a whole fucking lot more:

Knock on the ball, sprint for it, leave 90% of this leagues fullbacks behind him.

Lennon just stands around most of the time, waiting to have the ball played into feet. RUN ffs, man.

Might be able to loan to a bottom tier PL side looking for a RB and good marketing opportunity that is inherently there with somewhat high profile americans.

Not sure what Spurs are saying about Yedlin if we are in for Trippier, I was under the impression that he would be the back up and giving Walker a run for his money when he was bought. Yedlin has looked good when I've seen him in a USA shirt, hope he doesn't get overlooked for too long.

CHKzSCzWkAAou_P.png

OK, call em old fashioned, but don't people use their actual names any more?
#Yedlin, @MesutOzil1088. #DieMannschaft #GERUSA ... FFS, does EVERYONE have to be a fucking hashtag version of their real names?? #Icantkeepup #justsayin!! #1882

Norwich tend to play quite narrow in the midfield and have their full backs push up the pitch. Olsson does an OK job for them on the left, would be interesting to see if Yedlin could do similar for them. I've had about 5 text messages in the last half hour asking if he's any good, guess its based on this twitter rumour more than anything concrete. Expect he'd get a chance if they did sign him. The right back options they have now are Whittaker (who makes Corluka look rapid) and Martin (also plays CB) so I think he'd be involved.

Ironic coming from a user on a football forum, of a London based club. The air pollution in London is even worse?
i hate going through london. it feels dirty just breathing the air. & anything u touch leaves black marks on your hands.
its great to visit. but to live there, no thanks.

tottenham of course is the exception.
lovely, safe, friendly area.
if u are cold, they start fires to warm u up.
& everything is free. u just help yourself.
or u get guys offering u great discounts. new iphone, £50.
& theres a popular guy called charlie that lots of people are calling out as they try to find him.

Ironic coming from a user on a football forum, of a London based club. The air pollution in London is even worse?
wow yac & arc have exposed the belief that london has more air pollution than manchester as in fact incorrect.
great studying & research guys. keep it up

Loan to Norwich would be good. Given the depth in the position I think there are three reasonable assumptions: (1) Pooch don't fancy him (2) PL loan (3) tactical switch to wing.

Honestly, it would be interesting to see him out wide with Eriksen dropping deeper and lamela moving inside.

Benteleb-Eriksen
Yidlin-Lamela-Chadli
Kane

de Yidlin is looking more and more like a Spurs/U.A/U.S marketing ploy by the day... if we only really signed him for the shirt sales in America, then let's at least see if he's worthwhile persevering with...
Get him loaned out for a season (Norwich seems as good as any) and see if he's got what it takes in the "Prer-ME-er League" (yes I said it with an 'Murrican accent) and maybe take him back all the better for it, this time next year...
win-win!

Norwich tend to play quite narrow in the midfield and have their full backs push up the pitch. Olsson does an OK job for them on the left, would be interesting to see if Yedlin could do similar for them. I've had about 5 text messages in the last half hour asking if he's any good, guess its based on this twitter rumour more than anything concrete. Expect he'd get a chance if they did sign him. The right back options they have now are Whittaker (who makes Corluka look rapid) and Martin (also plays CB) so I think he'd be involved.

Ive had exactly the same in the pub after work. All i said is that hes the total opposite of Whittaker, in that he can run like fuck but cant head a ball as hes about as tall as my cat.

Back
Top Bottom