Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Kulusevski equalling Lo Celso's PL goal tally over his two and a half year stint in Kulu's first start against possibly the best team in the world isn't impressive ?!

Tough audience !

But agreed its better to wait until end of this season or even into next season to be sure. But the omens look good

Both against City funnily enough.

BTW worth mentioning Kulesevski's lung-busting run down the right flank in the 98th minute to deliver a cross for our 3rd goal - can you imagine Lo Celso or Ndombele do that ?

Maybe in the first half of a match but given that only on 16 occasions between them did they finish 90 minutes of a PL game in two and a half seasons ......... I think we know the answer

BTW worth mentioning Kulesevski's lung-busting run down the right flank in the 98th minute to deliver a cross for our 3rd goal - can you imagine Lo Celso or Ndombele do that ?
Only with some help

giphy.gif

Totally agree.

Deki did well against Man City and everyone should be happy with his contribution. But it’s still very early days to understand how he will fit I to Conte’s plans in most games and how much he can contribute. We’ll have a better idea at the end of the season.

(The sorts of UPS were seeing in this thread will also lead to a big DOWN if he isn't decisive against Burnley and misplaces a few passes. We’ll start to see posts talking in strong terms about his deficiencies etc etc when really it will still be too soon to comment).

The moment someone does him for pace will be party-time for our resident shit-mongers.

Maybe in the first half of a match but given that only on 16 occasions between them did they finish 90 minutes of a PL game in two and a half seasons ......... I think we know the answer
Dunno about Ndombele delivering a cross , but delivering a pizza , now that’s another matter

Not to mention the 50 yard sprint in the last seconds of the game

Has anyone seen his interview with the Hoddle crew? Sounded very mature for his age talking about his first goal as Spurs etc.

Them ratings are a shambles. PEH better than bentancur? Romero 5?? 😅
There'll be some metric that knocked Romero's score down for conceding the penalty.

Thing is, of course, that it was hardly like he slapped the ball deliberately or recklessly - the guy was making a sliding block and was unfortunate with the way his arms were moving (and in a natural manner, in my opinion). If we'd have dropped points then I still don't think people would have 'blamed' him, given the rest of his game was great.

should i be worried about his lack of emotion when we scored? at least one (third?) he sauntered back to half way when you'd expect any player to be tearing over to the scorer.... if he's not emotional about doing well, i expect he'll not be emotional about doing poorly... i know its a profession, but the right level of emotional engagement improves performance...

should i be worried about his lack of emotion when we scored? at least one (third?) he sauntered back to half way when you'd expect any player to be tearing over to the scorer.... if he's not emotional about doing well, i expect he'll not be emotional about doing poorly... i know its a profession, but the right level of emotional engagement improves performance...
I’m sure he was pissed we won the game :pocheyes:

I thought he was cautious as he was not sure wether he was offside again.

I only saw MoTD highlights, not the best.

Some here raising concerns about a lack of pace. In reply I'd make the following observations:

- it was his run into the box from Son's pass for the first (so he was moving much the same pace as Sonny, not exactly a slouch);

- and his run for the long pass for the 3rd.

If he's slow, he certainly thinks fast.

And I really don't attach any importance as to how players celebrate or not.

I expect nothing less than a knee skid then a celebratory dance followed by some sort of mask forged with the hands and breath steam on the camera lense.

Weird take but I respect your right to it.

He was probably wondering about the offside...but he comes across as very calm and controlled in general, which is a good thing, in my view.

Not all players need to be using emotion to maximise their game.

Seems our new ex-Juve players haven't been cheating with their distance training. Son and Emerson on the other hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom