Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a big difference in over-rated and not being particularly impressed by someone though. Sometimes you can only go on what you see. The few times I saw him for Juventus he looked bang average. Clearly he had some ability as you would simply never play for that sort of club if you didn't. But I don't think too many would have predicted he would make quite the impact that he has already.

The fact is that the 'professionals' at Juventus let him go on a loan with option to buy deal & the manager/coaches there clearly weren't all that fond of him too. So it's not just football fans who get shit wrong.

Obviously we know even less, but he's a completely transformed player here. Clearly he got stuck in a total rut at Juventus whereas playing with Son & Kane in this setup has revitalized him. A great move for the money & a lot of people (Including myself) were very, very wrong about him.

The way he was gliding past players with ease today was something he did occasionally last year, but not just fully tormenting fullbacks with his dribbling like he did today.

If that’s a permanent staple of his game, it’s over. Get too close, he goes right by you. Drop off and he’ll pick a pass to Son, Kane, Sess, etc with precision.

The fact is that the 'professionals' at Juventus let him go on a loan with option to buy deal & the manager/coaches there clearly weren't all that fond of him too. So it's not just football fans who get shit wrong.

Obviously we know even less, but he's a completely transformed player here. Clearly he got stuck in a total rut at Juventus whereas playing with Son & Kane in this setup has revitalized him. A great move for the money & a lot of people (Including myself) were very, very wrong about him.

To me he looked slow at times even for Serie A so I thought it would take him a long while to adapt to the much faster Premier League, but that's obviously not been the case at all. His footballing brain and quick feet make up for any lack of genuine pace. Sometimes its great to be a little wrong and this is very much one of those times.

The way he was gliding past players with ease today was something he did occasionally last year, but not just fully tormenting fullbacks with his dribbling like he did today.

If that’s a permanent staple of his game, it’s over. Get too close, he goes right by you. Drop off and he’ll pick a pass to Son, Kane, Sess, etc with precision.

It’s most likely the fitness and strength improvements with the hard pre season

It’s most likely the fitness and strength improvements with the hard pre season
He's like... Messi, he's got a really good intution for where the guy pressing him is coming from, and just when they're about to stick a toe in, and he moves the ball juuust in time to deny the opposition.

He sort of reminds in how he plays like a winger version of De Bruyne (not suggesting that level). Looks a bit gangly and awkward so you underestimate him but is very smart and can pass/shoot so well with decent underrated pace.
At the same age De Bruyne was a winger. I do think Kulusevski has it in him to follow a similar trajectory.

Certified footballer.

stamp GIF by European Commission

Paratici robbed Juve.

I don’t know why people are so obsessed with Kulusevski at Juventus. They had a bad stretch as a team, he was misused positionally, and the coaches didn’t value him.

We bought low on him and have prospered more than literally anyone predicted. These are the type of signings that you can benefit from when your scouting and coaching are in line.

Kulusevski was disappointing at Juventus, but there’s a only a handful of players in the world who would thrive in every side and situation. We’ve brought him in, nurtured him, and he’s clearly very comfortable playing in this side. Situation means so much and makes such a difference. I’m hoping something similar happens if we do sign Zainolo.

Watching videos of Kulu in Italy you could see him holding off a defender to cushion a long ball perfectly into the path of an onrushing attacker… or playing perfectly weighted through balls… playing first time… and of course that wicked left foot scoring Robben or Henry style finishes that we’ve seen.

Fact is that the best players aren’t necessarily quick in their legs but quick in their head and have the technical capacity to go with it. Kulu has that.

Compare and contrast with players like Traoré and Walker - good players but without game intelligence and that will always limit their attacking potential.

motm today. kane and son was shit lets be honest, thank god kulu was in the front line or we would of really struggled. looked a threat every time he got the ball, uses the ball so well. first name on the sheet against chelsea after today.

Back
Top Bottom