Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the "you didn't get the joke" is the go-to GIF response on here when someone posts something that has failed to end up on the right side of the stupid / funny line.
:kanehand:

LKdtYB6.gif

feb2c9a62d99785fba0feedf3962d597.gif

Yeah, nice try but you tried to explain the Bournemouth Watford player wasn't celebrating as if I hadn't realised, so obviously you had no clue it was a joke at all. It was a pretty obvious joke too given that the opposition don't celebrate conceding a goal, so this embarrassing development is on you, not me. It's one thing not to have a sense of humour, quite another not to get humour at all.

Last edited:

Yeah, nice try but you tried to explain the Bournemouth player wasn't celebrating as if I hadn't realised, so obviously you had no clue it was a joke at all. It was a pretty obvious joke too given that the opposition don't celebrate conceding a goal, so this embarrassing development is on you, not me. It's one thing not to have a sense of humour, quite another not to get humour at all.

I'd be inclined to take that point of view if at least one person found it funny. It came across as sincere (posts like that are shamefully common on here).

Yeah, nice try but you tried to explain the Bournemouth player wasn't celebrating as if I hadn't realised, so obviously you had no clue it was a joke at all. It was a pretty obvious joke too given that the opposition don't celebrate conceding a goal, so this embarrassing development is on you, not me. It's one thing not to have a sense of humour, quite another not to get humour at all.
Your whole argument is buggered up by the fact that we were playing Watford, so Bournemouth players were a bit thin on the ground
:)

That and the fact that as a joke, it was actually missing the funny bit at the end............
:(

Lots of stats about Dele goals and assists since hes joined. How about this:

since weve in the main gone 3 at the back, mid Dec v Hull:

16 matches
Dele 12 goals from open play (and a pen which he earned).

Havent looked at the assists.

That goal tally is insane. It would be pretty bloody amazing if it were Kane. Includes crucial ones - 2 v Chavs, one v Citeh at 0-2, Swans in 88 min, the first one v W'ford. A lot of points he's gained, certainly not the 4th goal in a 4-0 type stuff.

I'd be inclined to take that point of view if at least one person found it funny. It came across as sincere (posts like that are shamefully common on here).

You're just coming across as a dick now. The reason it didn't get any funnies is because the clip I quoted doesn't show the frame I'm talking about at the start so unless you actually watch it again and look out for it, and see it, then you aren't going to see the joke. My post comes after the clip so people have already watched it, they didn't spot it the first time and they haven't gone to the effort to go back and look for it a second time. Or they did and although it's a joke they didn't find it that amusing. That's fine, I made a joke. No one really noticed it, or they didn't find it funny. I have a dry sense of humour, sometimes people on here see my jokes and I get a lot of laughs, other times I don't. That's how it goes with a sense of humour like mine. I don't usually have to justify or explain my jokes to people who lack the awareness to know there even is a joke though and who place a strange level of importance on the matter.

Fine, you didn't realise it was a joke and tried to call me out for, as you saw it, thinking an opposition player would celebrate conceding a goal - for anyone to think that you'd have to be completely fucking retarded wouldn't you. So what is more likely here: I am majorly retarded to the point where my post here demonstrating a brain that can reason is quite a fucking surprise, or I made a joke that you didn't get because you're a bit special yourself? But when it's pointed out to you that actually it's you being stupid, instead of then saying, "Oh, fair enough, should have realised it was a joke. Guess not that funny after all though," or posting a humorous gif in reply, such as this one, in order to save a little face
lwmPk9N.jpg
you instead continue to try and maintain that it wasn't a joke at all and that I thought the Watford player was happy we'd scored against his team. My joke may not have been funny but your behavior sure is.

Last edited:
Your whole argument is buggered up by the fact that we were playing Watford, so Bournemouth players were a bit thin on the ground
:)

Fair enough, unlike CJJ CJJ , I am able to admit when I get something wrong. Quite right that it was a Watford player not a Bournemouth player. I'm already looking forward to the next game.

That and the fact that as a joke, it was actually missing the funny bit at the end............
:(

Well I thought it was funny but if you didn't that's really fine though.

Pochettino: Alli is like a son, you love him but must be tough

“It’s not about punishing him. I always knew from day one that the relationship would be tough. It was friendly, lovely, but tough too. It’s like when you have a son. You love him, but sometimes you have to be tough.”

Love this quote too:
"When you are winning and you feel that to lose on the pitch is like losing your life, those are the qualities we want in a player."

It's what Poch seems to have instilled in all the players. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom