Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele was bad during the first half but then so was everyone else. He was much better in the 2nd half . We probably will hear this week what the FA are going to do re that silly video, hopefully he will not be banned.

Dele was bad during the first half but then so was everyone else. He was much better in the 2nd half . We probably will hear this week what the FA are going to do re that silly video, hopefully he will not be banned.
He worked his bollocks off playing as the main striker he was the most effective in that position since we lost the front two ... him, Tanganga and Dier did well today ... when the going gets tough you need players to step up I thought he did that ....

People will slag him off they always do, still one of the best players in the EPL any club would want him.

He worked his bollocks off playing as the main striker he was the most effective in that position since we lost the front two ... him, Tanganga and Dier did well today ... when the going gets tough you need players to step up I thought he did that ....

People will slag him off they always do, still one of the best players in the EPL any club would want him.
Yes perhaps I did not praise him enough for his second half performance but his performance was vastly better in the second half. I have been supporting Dele and was called a cunt only yesterday on here for disagreeing with a poster slagging him off.

Player ratings from Sky.
Tottenham: Lloris (5), Tanganga (5), Alderweireld (6), Dier (6), Sanchez (5), Vertonghen (6), Skipp (5), Ndombele (4), Lamela (6). Alli (7), Bergwijn (6).

Subs: Moura (6), Lo Celso (7), Aurier (6).

since Son got injuried dele's been played out of position he is not a CF & you can see he doesn't like being there, but I think he has put the effort in, he has not done great but he has put it in

Player ratings from Sky.
Tottenham: Lloris (5), Tanganga (5), Alderweireld (6), Dier (6), Sanchez (5), Vertonghen (6), Skipp (5), Ndombele (4), Lamela (6). Alli (7), Bergwijn (6).

Subs: Moura (6), Lo Celso (7), Aurier (6).
What are you disagreeing with Baggio 1988? My post as that is the 15th 'disagree' you have given me in the last couple of days or the fact that Sky gave Dele a 7? I note I cannot search your profile and wonder what you are hiding.

He's either absolute shit or a non entity.

Hopefully we can get a good price for him.

I’m back off the Dele wagon. Not long after a José took over, he was in good form and I was all in again. Not any more. He’s back to looking for cheap fouls, dribbling into dead ends, and just generally just not good. Sadly, he’s still one our better options.

since Son got injuried dele's been played out of position he is not a CF & you can see he doesn't like being there, but I think he has put the effort in, he has not done great but he has put it in
In all honestly, Dele doesn’t really have a ‘position’. He wasn’t playing much better before Son’s injury when he (Dele) was behind one of Son/Lucas.

In order for Dele to succeed he has to be given a free role but is he really worth accommodating the team for him? I’m not too sure. I much rather we built the team around Kane, Lo Celso, N’dombele, etc.

For me, Winks and Dele are in similar situations, they can play multiple positions but we have 1-2 players that are probably better in those positions.

Despite those starts I'd take ever other midfielder in that list over him.

Setting the bar for him to be in the top 5 or 10 greatest ever Premier League midfielders.

Dele is a confidence player that thrives on being in a team performing well.
When we are firing again as a team, so will Dele, and that same old chant that has been sung so religiously for years will continue to be heard outside the ground before games.

While we are shit, so will be Dele. Sell him to a team playing well and he will thrive again.
Have never been fully sold on what we have with Dele, but whatever way you look at it, 8 in 22 league goals this season is a pretty good return for an attacking midfielder.

99% of the time when someone is being used out of position but playing poorly that is cited as a major mitigating circumstance.

For some reason it doesn't seem to apply to Dele
He’s been shit as an AM though for over two years

Also you’ve got nearly the whole forum declaring with authority “Dier is a CB that’s his BEST position...”

Yet some of those same people:
a) wrote him off as shit Champo standard and not once said he was being played out of position

b) Questioned why Pochettino was playing him out of position for 99% of his spurs career and blaming the manager for him being poor

Back
Top Bottom