Destiny Udogie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not an actual thing, it's just a theory and therefore there are no set parameters.

Whatever you want to call it he came in to a team that needed a lift, provided it and then we ran with it. 2nd season when he had a chance to put his stamp on things in a more meaningful way it went to shit.
I agree on the first point. I'm not too sure about the concept of new manager bounces myself but the so called bounce that people talk about is only in the initial period because the players have a morale boost because they're happy to see the back of the last manager having lost belief in them. Nuno, Mourinho at Utd and Gerrard at Villa are good examples of that. It doesn't always happen either of course.

However the things you mentioned, "fitness, organisation and putting a rocket up the players arses" are all key principles in a Conte side. To me that is him putting his stamp on the team.

The 2nd season did go to shit and he is to blame of course. My personal theory is that he was going through a lot of shit in his personal life as we know and wasn't even with his family so he wanted out. He was doing the bare minimum to get by with us. That seeped in to the players who lost belief in him and they started to do the bare minimum as well. So we lost those principles as you mentioned earlier that made us great in the beginning.

Conte's greatest strength is also his biggest weakness. His passion is one of the things that makes him a great coach. His ability to motivate players. But it's a double edged sword as we saw last his season.

Destiny has pulled out of the Italy U21 squad with ‘fever’

James Franco Flirt GIF

tbf deep block used to be referred to by fans as parking the bus, so I can see why people think it's hipster.

Agree on half spaces and zones tho, just leave that shit to the coaches please.
And cock block is a fairly new term to describe when a striker's largely lost his ability to finish

Destiny has pulled out of the Italy U21 squad with ‘fever’

James Franco Flirt GIF
I hope it's not cos he feels he's been disrespected, though tbf, he has been.

My personal theory is that he was going through a lot of shit in his personal life
Hardly a theory really.

One of the coaching staff died in the early parts of the season last year. That's a heavy fucking thing. For Conte and the team.

Then Conte had to have surgery and physically wasn't remotely himself thereafter.

In any normal situation that's a "tear the page off and go again" scenario, but the context with Conte just was never going to accommodate that.

Hardly a theory really.

One of the coaching staff died in the early parts of the season last year. That's a heavy fucking thing. For Conte and the team.

Then Conte had to have surgery and physically wasn't remotely himself thereafter.

In any normal situation that's a "tear the page off and go again" scenario, but the context with Conte just was never going to accommodate that.
The thing is, it was off from the get go, from the very first game of pre-season, we looked unfit, slow and uncoordinated.

The thing is, it was off from the get go, from the very first game of pre-season, we looked unfit, slow and uncoordinated.
I’m not trying to litigate in favor of last seasons mess, nor claim we looked imperious early, but it was our best 10 game PL start ever. Not 3, not 5, 10 games.

The not even trying to score a goal in the first half thing happened later

Back
Top Bottom