Didier puts the boot in.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In April, Didier Zokora, the former Tottenham midfielder, was outraged after a Super Lig match between Trabzonspor and Fenerbahce, as he claimed Emre (previously of Newcastle) had racially abused him.

Zokora said: “Emre and I came face to face during the match. I’ll tell you what he said word for word. He called me: ‘A dirty n*****’.”

Subsequently, Emre was banned for two matches by the Turkish Football Disciplinary Committee (PFDK) after Trabzonspor filed a civil law suit at an Istanbul court.

Emre and Zokora came face to face on Sunday night again and the temperature was raised a notch when Zokora refused to shake Emre’s hand after the two teams lined up pre match.

The Ivory Coast midfielder then took out his retribution with one of the most painful challenges you will ever see just before the break with Trabzonspor 2-1 down, in a match they would go on to lose 3-1.

Quite how the referee only deemed this a yellow card is beyond comprehension but difficult to blame Zokora for wanting to knock seven bells out of Emre.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK4e3qi1X3Y[/youtube]

xBIH1.gif

Wallop!!!

The worst thing is that Emre was caught bang to rights, what he said could be clearly lipread and he only got a two match ban...makes you wonder about the Turkish league.

Here's how the Turkish fans are showing their support with "I am Zokora" posters...plus a rogue "I am Emre" fan...

Screen+Shot+2012-05-08+at+9.17.07+PM.png

With fans like these...

Back
Top Bottom