Dingo FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like they didnt get paid much either. I'm assuming we got the pot of gold???

In terms of financial benefit, Newcastle have received remuneration but it is not believed to transformative and does not stretch into the millions, which has led to questions around the logic of the trip. That only further fuels the environmental concerns too, as well as player-welfare issues, given it comes at the end of an exhausting, injury-ravaged campaign.
Were the flights chartered? If not then they were scheduled anyway, so neither of the clubs were increasing the carbon footprint, as the flights would have gone whether they were on them or not.

It's a thin line between giving them valuable minutes, and setting them up for a confidence destroying humiliation.

They've just been slaughtered by players from a league that is levels below our own.

It’s a strange situation.

I can only imagine the coaching staff didn’t actually want to play the first team and at the same time didn’t mind throwing the under 23s under the bus so to speak.
Almost as two fingers at the powers that be. 8-0 is not a competitive game of football.

Majority of under 23s at any premier league club play less than 90minutes first team football before being moved on. They got the chance to go to Australia to play football. That’s a big deal.
You also get to see the ones who are ready to step up. Mentally and physically.

Flip side is sometimes the youngsters need to know their place.
Nothing more annoying than an 18 year old who thinks he’s better than the first team 30 year old who is twice the player he is!

Don't really get why folk would bother paying money to these jolly up games obviously they have some attraction but I really don't get it .
Because for many it’s the only way they’ll see them in person.

I’m fortunate enough to be heading over to Europe in October, and will go out of my way to get to London to try and catch a game, but that little stop will cost me a fair bit of money. Not something everyone is in a position of doing.

Obviously exhibition, but the patterns of play and subsequent flaws were the same. I don't like that the wingers Son Kulu and Johnson hug the touchline, receive the ball with their back facing the opposition goal, and all three lack the touch and speed needed to roll the defender so invariably the ball is either lost or passed back away from goal to reset. Its predicable, easily defended and pointless.

Obviously exhibition, but the patterns of play and subsequent flaws were the same. I don't like that the wingers Son Kulu and Johnson hug the touchline, receive the ball with their back facing the opposition goal, and all three lack the touch and speed needed to roll the defender so invariably the ball is either lost or passed back away from goal to reset. Its predicable, easily defended and pointless.
I totally agree Sir Les Kulu is a reasonably cultured donkey but the other two don't lack speed?

it's a passing fad in australia. Kevin Keegan helped Liverpool become popular in the 70's into the 80's with Craig Johnston ..that and winning all the time. Winning things for Man U, Viduka & Kewell for Leeds, Tim Cahill Everton and now unfortunately it's THFC to be exposed to the awful media in australia and some new fans thanks to "Big Ange". give it a season or so and it will all go away 👍
Thing is now once the marketing guys get their teeth into a market.. think they'll be geared up and reluctant to lose momentum... But yeah ..we'll see.

Skipp, Emerson and Gil training with the kids apparently.
So they let Skippy out of Australia then?

giphy.gif

Brilliant!

We had Kookaburras in the trees outside our backyard when I lived in Jimboomba. When my in laws came over for a visit, they were planning on going "walkabout" in the bush when they heard them. They thought they were monkeys, but I had them utterly convinced that it was drop bears hunting. Needless to say, they shit a brick and wouldn't go beyond our back fence.

It was only when they clocked my missus wetting herself laughing that they cottoned on. Even then they wouldn't go out "just in case."

Good work - hope you get back to the Mecca of North London ASAP

Can you give us an objective view on which club had the more fans there yday?
Sorry mate - very late seeing this.

I actually think it was pretty even. A lot more casual punters were probably there “supporting” spurs, but the Newcastle fans were louder and had a better stand packed with support.

I was relatively surprised with how quiet the spurs section was. A little disappointing… that said I wasn’t in there making any noise, so I can’t point fingers.

I actually think it was pretty even. A lot more casual punters were probably there “supporting” spurs, but the Newcastle fans were louder and had a better stand packed with support.

I was relatively surprised with how quiet the spurs section was. A little disappointing… that said I wasn’t in there making any noise, so I can’t point fingers.
Probably flown in from Saudi and promised a visit to the consulate if they didn’t cheer loud enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom